2010 or 2011 for $700 more??

I have finally found a leftover 10 and a 11 at the same dealer, now im wondering if the 11 is worth the extra $700 i will have to pay for it...i can get it for 6700 plus tax, which seems sorta high but i cant find one of these bikes anywhere...i can also get the 11 kx250f for 5900 so im having a hard time....i really want the suzuki but at $7000 after all tax and fees it seems pretty expensive, and i wonder if the 2010 would be a better deal?

Both the KX and RM-Z are great bikes and similar in suspension and power, but the biggest difference will be handling. I would pay extra for a chassis that handles better then any other train in a bike, but that's just my opinion.

As for the 10 or 11 RM-Z, both bikes are pretty much identical. If you plan on keeping the bike for more then a year or two, I would go ahead and buy the 10. If you sell bikes after a year, then resale will be a factor and I would spend the extra money on the 11.

I rode the 2011 yesterday and it's so much better than the 2010. In fact it's the best 250F I have ridden in my life, that bike does everything good.

does the 11 really have that much better of a motor? im coming from a 09yz250f and its a solid bike but its not a great race bike, i have thought of throwing $ into it to make it faster but really just want a better handling bike, so it sounds like the newer rmz's will be a good pick

what makes you say the 11 is the best 250f ever? what is it that makes it stand out from the rest?

does the 11 really have that much better of a motor? im coming from a 09yz250f and its a solid bike but its not a great race bike, i have thought of throwing $ into it to make it faster but really just want a better handling bike, so it sounds like the newer rmz's will be a good pick

what makes you say the 11 is the best 250f ever? what is it that makes it stand out from the rest?

I used to ride Yamaha's and had 2 09 YZ250F's. The RM-Z is hands down a better bike. Makes me wonder why I stayed on Yamaha's for so long. The motor on the YZ is horrendous and they handle like a 450. I couldn't be happier with my switch to the RM-Z.

I rode the 2011 yesterday and it's so much better than the 2010. In fact it's the best 250F I have ridden in my life, that bike does everything good.

I don't know what 2010 you rode, but the 2010 and 2011 are pretty much the same exact bike bud.

I used to ride Yamaha's and had 2 09 YZ250F's. The RM-Z is hands down a better bike. Makes me wonder why I stayed on Yamaha's for so long. The motor on the YZ is horrendous and they handle like a 450. I couldn't be happier with my switch to the RM-Z.

I don't know what 2010 you rode, but the 2010 and 2011 are pretty much the same exact bike bud.

So your saying take the savings and get the 2010. I agree with you on the yz, i rode it yesterday just doing some cornering drills in an open field and I kept thinking "man my 125 handled sooo much sharper and the motor had so much more of a explosive powerband" i was basically bored on it...I hate saying that cause i have always really liked yamaha but if nothing else i want to enjoy riding my bike....Im gonna call the dealer back today and see if i can get the 2010 on the way, thanks for the info

anyone else rode both the 2010 and 2011? or rode the suzuki and the new kawi? I'd like to hear more reviews from real users

Yeah dude 2010/2011, pretty much same thing. How can it be that much better? The 09 is the old bike.

I think MXA said the 2011 had 34 updates over the 2010, for an extra 700bucks, it would be worth the upgrade IMO.

The 10 and 11 feel the same to me - and the 10 has a hair better motor due to exhaust change for 11.

Sadly the transmission on the 10 is very prone to locking up.

They have made some updates - and the 11 is said to be better. For that reason I would also choose the 11.

But at 5900 - that kx looks mighty nice....It's not quite the chassis of the RMZ - but that does not mean you could take the 1000 bucks you saved and MAKE it the chassis of the RMZ. And the motor responds extremely well to a good exhaust system that will bring back the power it lost from 10.

I personally am in love with the new rmz - but price wise I would own a kawi from what you said...

^ yes i hear you, the kx does sound pretty good for less money and the current model and from owning one in the past i trust their durability...i dunno what to do.,..i really wish i could test ride them all on a track

'11 rmz just has small chassis/motor changes most of which you wont even notice, id go with the 2010 and use the money you woulda spent on suspension

and the rmz is said to have one of the best motors in the class just behind the KTM.. this is just reviews im goin by here i never rode a kawi but all ive been hearing is the rmz is flat out amazing (i have a 2011 but havnt rode it yet) all my friends who came off a kawi and got on suzuki said they couldnt be happier..

Suzuki has a 1k rebate on the 2010 now i believe

2011 model for sure, no debate!

:smirk::rant:

Suzuki has a 1k rebate on the 2010 now i believe

correct, my dealer told me i could get it for $5200 dollars plus tax and 150 in fees...$5500 rouglhly OTD....now i just gotta sell my yz, the kid who was supposed to buy it never showed up with the cash, go figure:foul:

id get the 11 bike