Why do I go through rear brakes so fast?

I ride a 08 200xc and am constantly putting new rear pads on. I know its not me because I have never went through brakes this fast before but cant figure out what it is. Anybody know anything about this or have a solution?

Is the rotor straight?

does the rear brake pedal need to be moved down a little. possibly you are riding the brakes a little without knowing.

I would guess its brake pedal hieght, a KTM has an adjustment for this if you didnt know it. Very easy to do. Other than that it would be bent rotor, sticking piston in slave caliper, cheap pads.

Learn to use the front brakes more. That is where the most of your braking power is. I could live with out rear brakes in most dry situations but need them in the mud and steep places.

Learn to use the front brakes more. That is where the most of your braking power is. I could live with out rear brakes in most dry situations but need them in the mud and steep places.

+1 with more front brake useage. Pad type, wet conditions, brake sliding every corner all come into play. A solid rotor would help too. :smirk:

You are just too dang fast?

Could also be a worn brake pin. If its got grooves, time to replace

Little Jeff

Cause is someone ran the pads down to metal and rode it that way for a while and ruined the disc. I had a 300 with that problem. Fix it to replace the disc.

I ride a 08 200xc and am constantly putting new rear pads on. I know its not me because I have never went through brakes this fast before but cant figure out what it is. Anybody know anything about this or have a solution?

Ah yes I have the fix. Just keep your right foot off of that little pedal sticking out and let it rip. Problem solved:thumbsup: Kidding of course and like stated already it sounds like a bad rotor if everything else checks out.

common problem, i personally go through rear pads like lollies because on fast sections i'll ride the rear brake instead of letting off the throttle, everyone rides differant, do whatevers best for you.

replacing the disk often will help, but it's up to you to find out which is more economic.

Thanks for all the replies. I believe the problem is my rotor, it is grooved a little I just didnt know it would cause the pads to wear faster.