petcock, spacer, FCR, stock tank

My current setup is:

Clark plastic tank, stock petcock w/o spacer, FCR-MX carb. All works well.

What I'd like to do is put the stock tank back on. So, a few questions:

- Is there a clearance problem with the FCR choke when using the stock tank and stock petcock with spacer?

- I need to buy a spacer, which costs about $20. So, is there an aftermarket petcock that works on the stock tank w/o the spacer? (I'd just as soon buy a manual petcock if it doesn't need a spacer, as buy a spacer.)

Thanks in advance.

Edited by aeronaut

No, stock tank fits on fine. Not sure about going 'spacerless' though.

Thanks William1 !!!

Now, anyone know if there's an aftermarket (or replacement) petcock that works on the stock tank, but doesn't need the stock spacer?

Do a search in this forum for 'WR Petcock' or 'Pingle'

Is the Clarke going to be up for sale? Pm me if it is.

Do a search in this forum for 'WR Petcock' or 'Pingle'

Thanks, had searched quite a bit on the topic, which is why I posted with the specifics of my bike. Still not sure if WR petcock (or pingle) will fit on stock tank w/o spacer and with FCR. I'll probably just buy a spacer at this point.

I tried to install a WR petcock on my metal gas tank but even with the spacer it was unable to turn it to the RES .

WR petcock is ok to plastic tanks only .

I tried to install a WR petcock on my metal gas tank but even with the spacer it was unable to turn it to the RES .

WR petcock is ok to plastic tanks only .

Thanks!

For now, here's what I've done. I mounted the stock petcock onto the stock tank WITHOUT the spacer. With a touch of grinding in 2 places on the petcock, I can turn it to 'on' and 'primary', but not 'reserve'. I'm happy with that. I can use the primary setting as reserve, I'll just have to remember to turn it back to 'on' if I let the bike set overnight before filling.