Sign in to follow this  

07 KX450 bowl not getting fuel.

During this winter, I started the bike let it idle for about 2 minutes, went into the house, came back out and the bike was dead. Wouldn't start at all. I've taken the bike apart, petcock is delivering fuel, fuel goes into the carb, but doesn't fill the bowl. I've completely removed the floats and as far as I know it should dump fuel out of the bottom with them removed. The fuel is going into the carb through the brass fitting, but that's where it stops. What would cause this and how would I fix?

Checklist:

New fuel

Clean plug

Cleaned all jets, and bowl.

Also, if anyone has a diagram of the carb I would greatly appreciate it.

Or knowledge on how to get the float needle and retainer out without destroying anything would be helpful.

During this winter, I started the bike let it idle for about 2 minutes, went into the house, came back out and the bike was dead. Wouldn't start at all. I've taken the bike apart, petcock is delivering fuel, fuel goes into the carb, but doesn't fill the bowl. I've completely removed the floats and as far as I know it should dump fuel out of the bottom with them removed. The fuel is going into the carb through the brass fitting, but that's where it stops. What would cause this and how would I fix?

Checklist:

New fuel

Clean plug

Cleaned all jets, and bowl.

* remove float needle and replace

* inspect float seat for clean black seal, or replace

* check for fuel flow

Also, if anyone has a diagram of the carb I would greatly appreciate it.

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/2008-kawasaki-kx450d8f-kx450f/o/m17208#sch549958

I thought I'd stop in to update. I reconnected the fuel line into the carb and blew, turns out it was completely stopped up. The float needle valve was stuck closed. So I finally got it out, and took some scotch brite and went around it, it had some dirt and grim build up on it from me not being careful when I cleaned the air filter I'm sure. Regardless, it moves freely and bike runs great.