Husky contingency...costs $$ to sign up?

This just seems wrong...

This just seems wrong...

That's the way everyone's who's using XTRM is doing it.

You have to sign-up for a debit style type card where the funds get transfered to... it's just a handling fee.... all the manufactures are doing it.... or switching to.

http://xtrm.com/husqvarna/index.asp

https://xtrm.com/husqvarna/signUp.asp

XTRM is good stuff :smirk:

Why doesn`t Husky pay it???

Why doesn`t Husky pay it???

I don't get it, you spend a few thousand on a new bike and you have to pay them to even get a chance at contingency money? Suppose I never place well enough get a payout? That would discourage a few people from even signing up.

I'll probably end up doing it, because I'm pretty sure I can at least get one payout, which is enough to offset the signup fee. But c'mon. I had no idea this was how it worked.

I don't get it, you spend a few thousand on a new bike and you have to pay them to even get a chance at contingency money? Suppose I never place well enough get a payout? That would discourage a few people from even signing up.

I'll probably end up doing it, because I'm pretty sure I can at least get one payout, which is enough to offset the signup fee. But c'mon. I had no idea this was how it worked.

If you weren't such a whiner you could probably get someone to sponsor you. In the meantime, kick in the $20 and zip it.

It sux for sure. BUT, I guess that is how XTRM makes their money , managing the contingencies for a Manufacturer.

XTRM sounds like a middle man ... Its always easy to spot a NON-rider here in this place ... they are always glad to take money from your pocket or endorse the ones who do ...

Edited by ray_ray

If there managing the contingencies, then let HUSKY-BMW pay for it!! Not some poor guy who had to save all year for a bike.

Maybe manufacturers should pay for everyone's race and entry fees as well. As much money as someone would spend on a new bike, it is only fair. :smirk:

The 20 everyone pitches in probably is enough to cover all the payouts. Like an insurance policy premium, they know the odds favor them.

in the old days the manufactures had someone handling contigencies and pay-out, the process was a pain in the butt, because someone always had to sign-off on it, and on top of that the manufactures were at the mercy of the racing promoters or sanctioning organizations who were lazy at getting their results sent to the six different manufactures paying contingency... if everything was approved someone in accounting would cut a check or voucher.

XTRM simplified that in many ways... now All the promoters or sanctioning organizations send there results to XTRM in an electronic format. Some even use XTRM's scoring software... which even simplifies the process. For those who haven't dealt with XTRM they're a pleasure to deal with.

Now this is where it gets sticky.. the manufactures are slow at changing direction, what works... works and when XTRM pitched the idea of an outside source managing their race contingencies it was going to be a hard sell to a manufacture... XTRM had to prove many benefit's including it was going to save time, make it easier on the manufactures internal staff and make life easier and better for everyone involved.

XTRM on top of that had to discount the service so the manufactures would use it... and in doing so had to charge a fee for setting up the debit cards.

$20 bucks is cheep considering the contingencies can now be used anywhere a ATM credit card is accepted... not just at a dealership.

Pays for gas, food, lodging and entry fees if the promoter takes credit cards.... it's a good program. :smirk:

Plus, look at the payout they have now. Back 5+ years ago you could get 300 to 400 on a win in a local series. I used to average 1500 a year for contingencies, now you can place in a big series like GNCC and what do you get 75 bucks or so? BFD!!!

The 20 everyone pitches in probably is enough to cover all the payouts. Like an insurance policy premium, they know the odds favor them.

Kinda goes against the idea of contingecy money then, doesn't it?

Don't see it as a bad thing? your just buying into the game hoping you have the skills to take a bigger portion of the pot. No one says you have to play.

You should have tried a few years ago just to get paid. Next to impossible until the end of the year when everyones piled up. I would rather give up $20.00 to have a system like this where I will get paid than have to send in paper work again and again hoping I saved it from 6 moths ago. Trouble is I am getting slower or everyone is getting faster.

I do think it sucks that the payout really is not much anymore. It is a sign of the times and our industry is hurting so I think we should be happy there is a contingency. I did hear that they have dropped it back to 3 year old motorcycles now too which makes some good deals out there.

You can be eligible for all knds of stuff from lots of mfgs. Cycra offers 40% off to just about anybody. Take 40% off a pair of sweet barkbusters and theres over your $20 spent to sign up saved right there. And before you whine you don't use/need them...thats just a quick example. Geez Husky is offering contingency for 2011 on even 2009 model year bikes. They always offered a 2 year contingency and now for a 3rd year,,,,man up and quit the bely aching.

+ 1. I love the contingency program since they went to XTRM. Like others said it is easy to keep track of and you can expect to get lots of other offers which makes up for the measely $20.00. I got about $3,500. in contingency in 2009 plus all kinds of discounts from many manufacturers. It is well worth it!!

Dave A