Sign in to follow this  

Larger oil capicity for crf450r

I know ive seen this on here before but i cant seem to find it anymore. what im looking for is a way to run more oil in my 2002 crf450r, looking to make it a stronger on road bike, built for higher speeds. i heard baja designs makes something...? couldnt find it on there website. any info is appreciated...thanks!

ps-if i posted this in the wrong area my apologies, first time ever posting...

Easiest way would probably be to get an oil cooler.

Just keep in mind that while a 450 can make a decent street bike for just bouncing around town, they will never be a good sustained high speed highway bike.

Just keep in mind that while a 450 can make a decent street bike for just bouncing around town, they will never be a good sustained high speed highway bike

especially the 02. Fifth gear didn't oil as well as it could have and many of them seized up on sustained cruise type rides.

i dont plan to do much highway on it, short trips here and there. if i ever sieze the tranny up theres a couple companies that make a wide ratio transmission, honda dealership can get them. but untill then(if that ever happens) i was going to get do 15/39 gearing and do really frequent oil changes...anyone have any other suggestions or advice?

I know ive seen this on here before but i cant seem to find it anymore. what im looking for is a way to run more oil in my 2002 crf450r, looking to make it a stronger on road bike, built for higher speeds. i heard baja designs makes something...? couldnt find it on there website. any info is appreciated...thanks!

ps-if i posted this in the wrong area my apologies, first time ever posting...

yhst-32470579312417_2037_7614920

We've got these. I have used one for a full season of racing ( MX and Offroad) and will

admit I was a bit concerned about how vulnerable it looked,

but not a single scratch on it. Adds about 100 cc's to the system,

so you can easily run a full qt / 1000 cc's of oil w/o any issues.

Click here for more details on our site