Sign in to follow this  

HMF comp. vs Two Bros vs Dr.D

Hi I am in the market for a new exhaust and was wondering which of the three systems would give the biggest power gain. I live in AK so noise really isnt an issue since I'm riding in the middle of nowhere. Money is a factor though and that is why I was starting to lean away from HMF since they are $160 more that TB and DRD. Thanks

i just took off my drd system and put the stock back on...the drd deffinately smoothed out the power but it still didnt have much on top...it really just mellowed out the powerband...so i put the stocker back on and sold it

the stock pipe has more snap on the bottom but goes just as flat up top

I bought the Dr. D. I feel that there is no differents from stock. Jetting is on. The Dr. D does have a spark arrester though for the trails. I wish I would have spent the $400 on my suspension.

I had a 2Bros full V.A.L.E. SS system on my '07 250F and really liked it. I did not like that the midpipe drooped over the top oil filter bolt so I'd have to pull the exhaust every time I changed the oil. :smirk:

So what im getting is dr.d not worth the money. Has anyone tried or heard about the hmf because on their site the dynos are pretty dang good.

Rember that most times buying a pipe isnt going to give to loads of unfound HP but change the way the power is delivered. I have not heard any good or bad on the HMF.

Yeah, i was looking for some more top end because I kind of ride it like a two stroke. And i was thinking that it would help with a couple of the pretty big hillclimbs here that i couldnt make it up last year. Maybe gearing change too? like a 50t rear? im not sure what would be the best. Last year was my first year riding so im still a noob i guess....

well a 50 tooth sprocket would lower your gearing and probably be better for hill climbing than the exhaust but it will also hurt your speed and cause the bike to rev out faster = shortening the power spread

for mx, i would get a slightly smaller rear sprocket and let the bike use its low end power to pull longer

Wait smaller rear means more low end? I thought it was the other way around. Bigger in the rear gives better acceleration and low end.

"bigger rear sprocket = more low end or accelerations

smaller sprocket = more top speed"

Ok thats what I thought.

Do you have any opinions on the jd jetting kit its kinda spendy but it seems like it has good reviews. Would it improve the performance of the bike when its stock?

"

Do you have any opinions on the jd jetting kit its kinda spendy but it seems like it has good reviews. Would it improve the performance of the bike when its stock?

It is the shape and taper of his needles that make it a better kit than the other less expensive kits. Worth every penny IMO

Yeah, i was looking for some more top end because I kind of ride it like a two stroke. And i was thinking that it would help with a couple of the pretty big hillclimbs here that i couldnt make it up last year. Maybe gearing change too? like a 50t rear? im not sure what would be the best. Last year was my first year riding so im still a noob i guess....

No offense man but bolt ons aren't the answer other say the sprockets. Hillclimbing takes skill which is acquired with seat time. I am not the best at big hills either but it takes hella practice. Try 13/51 for 'dat.

k sweet thx ill try 13/51, and jd kit, and ill put the rest of my money towards gas cause its really expensive here.:smirk:

look on ebay for the jet kit...i see them for around $40 used on there sometimes... the needle is supposedly better but other than the needle its just a bunch of jets that you can buy anywhere, personally i wouldnt spend $90 on the jet kit, i'd spend $15 on the jets (my dealer will let me exchange jets if its not the correct size) and buy a Ride or Tusk brand adj fuel screw for $20

ive been seeing some lexx slip ons that are really cheap, like $160. Does anyone have any experience with lexx.