HELP! Hard Knock after rebuild!

I just got my BB kit, rebuild head, MCCT and MRD/SSW installed on my 01 DRZ400e and it started right up but with a Hard Knock ? coming from the engine! What could I have done wrong? I did all the lock-tite fixes, double checked every step.

I just got my BB kit, rebuild head, MCCT and MRD/SSW installed on my 01 DRZ400e and it started right up but with a Hard Knock ? coming from the engine! What could I have done wrong? I did all the lock-tite fixes, double checked every step.

Ok, I will ask the obvious... Do you have the proper amount of oil in it? Oil lines connected? Cam Timing perfect? Everything properly torqued during assembly with quality torque wrench? Did it knock as soon as it started? How long did you let it run before shutting it down?

Yes on oil, Craftsman torque wrench, cams perfect, started from first turn-over stared twice for less than 5 seconds. I pulled the spark plug, head cover and inspection cover and as I turn the crank with the 17mm there is a little jump I feel on the wrench as I pass the second TDC (lobes facing each other)

Piston hitting the top.....Not proper clearanced piston.... Correct gasket. Did you check for rotation with no contact..... Take the plug out... rotate the engine..... Those are a few I can think of.... But hopefully it`s something of less magnitude......??

Erling

I'm in Albuquerque

Ok.... To far for me.... I can`t help you with the base gasket selection..... Sure somebody will chime in..... But you can remove the plug....and check for free rotation..... Did the kit say only to use one gasket????

??

Erling

edit..... Ok ...saw your post #10....