YZ250F HotCams suggestions!

Rockin a yz250f with the Athena 290cc big bore and thinking about doing a set of hotcams. I dont know if i should do stage 1 intake and stage 2 exhaust or do both stage 2!? Let me know! Thanks :smirk:

Better yet email or PM Jesse Williams or go to williamsmotorwerx.net. They don't list cams but email him. His cams are a couple bucks more but according to him and his research they are a lot better and provide more power. When I do the top end I am going to put in a set of his cams. Also do a search on this forum for his cams and check out what others have to say about them

Better yet email or PM Jesse Williams or go to williamsmotorwerx.net. They don't list cams but email him. His cams are a couple bucks more but according to him and his research they are a lot better and provide more power. When I do the top end I am going to put in a set of his cams. Also do a search on this forum for his cams and check out what others have to say about them

if you dont go with what he suggests,then i would say hot cams stage 1 both intake and exhaust.that would add some serious bottom end!

I used the stage 1 in and stage 2 ex in my 07 KX290F and it was a great setup! Lots of bottom but still pulled good on top. I rode my buddy's YZ290F with stock cams and it was all mid and flat everywhere else.

The 290 will give you plenty of grunt down low. I'd go with a stg1 intake and a stg 2 exhaust combo for the best of both worlds. From what I understand, the 290 kits tend to be flat on top w/o porting.

Awesome! Stage 1 int/Stage 2 Ex sounds like the way to go. Thanks!