carb for xr 150 stroker

i cant find my old threads and have asked this years ago but finnaly gonna get the bike going. i run a flat side carb on my 120 kit but now that it has been stroked it doesnt like the flat carb no more. wich carb was good for this set up? the atc 200 carb if i can remember right? and what air filter setup is good for it. i run the k&n with the flat carb,thanks

thanks guys, what about airfiler and throttle cable?

I used the throttle and cable from the RM100. BTW my PWK is on a CR conversion- using the stock CR85 airboot DMC style mod'd airbox.

Kitaco and Takegawa offer 28mm carb snorkels for the stock XR/CRF air boxes

I used the throttle and cable from the RM100. BTW my PWK is on a CR conversion- using the stock CR85 airboot DMC style mod'd airbox.

Kitaco and Takegawa offer 28mm carb snorkels for the stock XR/CRF air boxes

i tossed my airbox long time ago. should i look for a stock airbox? do you get better results over a pod type filter?

ok, guess i will go with the atc200 carb since they are all over ebay. there are new ones for the same price as used ones. should i go with a aftermarket brand that is new or buy one that was taken off of a atc200?

If you decide to go with a 24mm 200x carb I agree with dumdotdog and go OE. However, Ebay buy beware there are plenty of fraudulent listing- stating they are 200x carbs. The dead give away is all of the EO 200x carbs have a 17mm hex float bowl drains. Model numbers are pb62a and pb62b for h 85' and 86's unsure of the 87's.

Also the CRF150F are a 24mm.

Another option is the XR200 26mm 86-02' modle pd97a. California after 97' pd97b.

The blaster carb looks to be the same my RM100 PWK 28? You will need a or at least start with a JJH,- JJG,JJJ needles available through Sudco or carb parts warehouse and a 4 stroke rtn spring.

If you decide to go with a 24mm 200x carb I agree with dumdotdog and go OE. However, Ebay buy beware there are plenty of fraudulent listing- stating they are 200x carbs. The dead give away is all of the EO 200x carbs have a 17mm hex float bowl drains. Model numbers are pb62a and pb62b for h 85' and 86's unsure of the 87's.

Also the CRF150F are a 24mm.

Another option is the XR200 26mm 86-02' modle pd97a. California after 97' pd97b.

The blaster carb looks to be the same my RM100 PWK 28? You will need a or at least start with a JJH,- JJG,JJJ needles available through Sudco or carb parts warehouse and a 4 stroke rtn spring.

hey thanks for that info, almost bought one without the hex float bowl. just got one for 40 plus shipping with throttle cable as well,thanks

I ran a 200x, XR200, and the Kitaco Mikuni VM26 on my Kitaco 145 and my Powroll stroked Kitaco motor. The Kitaco carb was much better than the other two. Second was the XR200 carb and third was the 200x carb. The 200x carb is great for a 120, but not so much for a 150. I run a XR200 carb on my TTR150, but that's way different than a built XR150. Although, if I had the money I would put a kitaco carb on that too.

I ran a 200x, XR200, and the Kitaco Mikuni VM26 on my Kitaco 145 and my Powroll stroked Kitaco motor. The Kitaco carb was much better than the other two. Second was the XR200 carb and third was the 200x carb. The 200x carb is great for a 120, but not so much for a 150. I run a XR200 carb on my TTR150, but that's way different than a built XR150. Although, if I had the money I would put a kitaco carb on that too.

damn it i bought the 200x carb, but only 40 bucks so oh well. guess i gotta sell my flatside carb i got from engines only to pay for one of those kitaco's