Sign in to follow this  

Yz125 Inner cartridge damper

hey,

i have dissassembled a fork on my 2006 yz125 in order to replace the oil and seals.

I pulled the Inner Cartridge damper assembly out, noticed there was heaps of crap in that plastic spacer (with the bushes on it) around the ICS spring, so i took all the shims off, then that lock nut so i could remove the plastic piece.

Upon re assembly i have noticed that that locknut has something to do with the compression clickers. Does this nut need setting at a specific distance or something? Is there a procedure for it? Theres nothing in the manual..

Id usually get my suspension done by professionals but funds are a little tight.

cheers

yes it sets how many clicks you have on comp, just adjust it to get the right number of clicks.(you dont have to be exact, within 2 clicks is ok)

so if i set the nut, then wind clickers in 22 click before it stops its set correctly? So this means that the needle seats on that nut when wound right in?

Also, do you just rely on loctite to stop the lock nut turning after install?

you can if you are careful wind the adjuster to fully in, set the position of the locknut so the needle is just seating(be careful as it can push the needle hard into the seat) and then back out the needle and see if you have the right number, or you can set the lock nut, count the clicks and adjust a little till its right, its quicker to do than to write.

so if i set the nut, then wind clickers in 22 click before it stops its set correctly? So this means that the needle seats on that nut when wound right in?

Also, do you just rely on loctite to stop the lock nut turning after install?

i use either 222 or med strenth locktite on most parts like the nut holding the shim stack, however i think the lock nut is very unlikely to come loose.