Husaberg FE570 Valve question....

Do you adjust the valves with shims or are they a screw and lock nut?

With shims, just like in the newer KTM 450/530's.

Adjust with shims, but very rarely do they ever need it.

Adjust with shims, but very rarely do they ever need it.

I'll second that, I put about 55hours on my 570 before I sold it and the valves hadn't moved at all! :cheers:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By MotoXRacer_19
      Does anyone know how to, or if you can, change your AMA number? The race number, not the full thing. 
    • By mortimersmythe
      I have a well cared for and maintained, adult owned, street legal FE570 (70 Degree engine) with:

- Highway Dirtbikes handguards and top clamp
      - SICASS flush mount rear turn signals
      - Trail Tech headlight (original included)
      - JD Jetting Power Surge Fuel Injection Tuner (richens things up)
      - Tubliss on front and rear
      - Great, near new, condition Motoz Tractionator HT DOT approved front and rear
      - Warp 9 Cush Drive rear wheel (original included)
      - Scotts submount (Damper not included)
      - Oberon clutch slave cylinder (anodized blue)
      - SCAR Orange pegs
      - Anodized orange oil filler plug (the fastest)
      - Enduro Engineering Radiator braces (the ones that protect from side impacts; i.e. rocks)
      - 13 tooth CS and 48 tooth rear sprocket (great for dual sport riding)
      - Fully heat shielded underside of fuel tank
      - Ceramic coated header and mid-pipe
      - CA Cycle works fuel pump installed
      - Heat wrapped mid pipe (where it passes under the tank)
      - Spark arrestor
      - More stuff I am forgetting
      - Maintenance records
      - 192.1 hrs 5008 miles 
      - Various spare parts (i.e. air filters, valve cover gasket, etc.)

This bike has mostly been a forest road cruiser, not seen hard use. Would expect it to hit 300 hours with valves still in spec. It's been maintained with a "don't leave me in the middle of nowhere" attitude using loctite, anti-sieze, torque wrenches, factory manuals etc. Price is o.b.o. after we speak, preferably after you see the bike.

I have too many bikes and two young kids at home, so... yeah... have to say goodbye.
    • By Mongo134
      Hello to all the Husaberg owners and Thumper Talk members. As stated in an earlier thread by one of the TT admins, Brian Bosch, we "may" have an opportunity to get out of the "exotics" portion of TT and get our very own area to post and reply with Husaberg questions/comments!
      If you are a TT memeber and a Husaberg owner, let's get this rolling and see if there are enough of us! Let's try and do just one (1) post each so they can get an accurate count. Just simply state if you are a Husaberg owner, year and model.
      I will start this off......
      I am a proud owner!
      2010 Husaberg FE450
    • By old man dave 59
      Congratulations to all Husaberg Owners for owning one of the best bike, Cadillac Bike Available.
      Husaberg is the new Upcoming hot bike now with new Husaberg Dealer showing up all over the place. Husabergs are winning the National Enduro Championships in Europe consistently.
      I just got my 2011 Husaberg FE 390 and couldn't be happier. I will be racing the( HGP )Hill Billy Grand Prix winter series this year with mine and will be putting it to a real test starting Sunday 10-9-2011.
      Now that we desrve our own Husaberg thread, Let show them off.

• By Mr. Biehl
      For the last couple of years I have been riding a Yamaha DT175 (RT180). It has been a great bike to gain experience in and it is as reliable as a wood burning stove. At the end of last year, I was looking into getting a new bike and started out with big bore two strokes. After test riding some of them, I found them too brutal in the bush, as I ride technical single trail. Yes, the torque is lovely at some times but after 5 hours of riding, it is actually a burden. As a result, I did not pull the trigger on either the te300 or wr250 which were my main choices. After watching the local GasGas races, I saw that the first 4 positions were held by Husaberg riders, and all in 125's. This made me consider the smallest of the husaberg lineup. I just finished a 1 day enduro on one of these bikes and frankly, I'm in love. There is good low end, never forgetting it is still a 125 and when on the pipe it is just mental. It has much more usable power than the 250's and 300's and that is why I have decided to pull the trigger. If there are any exc 125/200 or te 125 owners, any feedback on setting the bike up will be immensely appreciated. Any thoughts on the 125's?