Sign in to follow this  

Dual sport delema

Hi everyone, it has been 9 years, 10 months and 14 days since my last motorcycle. I have finally broken free from my sickness and now am looking for a new dual purpose machine to flog around the state of Washington. After doing a little research, I noticed there are some really cool new bikes that are 90% off road and just enough for the street like the new Huskys. I have narrowed it down to this list:

Husqvarna TE510

Husqvarna TE630

Husaberg FS570

KTM 530 EXC

KTM 690 Enduro R

At fist I was set on a 510 with a bigger tank. Then I saw the 630 and thought this might be the right combo of roadability and still nimble enough to be a two track shredder. The KTM 690 jumped up the list after watching some video and seeing what can be done on one. I am 6’3 245 lb so a bigger bike would be a must. Fast B or C class – slow A class after I break the rust off.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. No XR or DRs Have I missed anything.

ktm exc hands down IMO. if you're going to drop the cash you might as we'll get the best

I looked into the husky 510 and all I found were a bunch of clutch parts floating in oil (hardy har har)

my friend is 6'5" 240lbs and rides a 250F... you don't need much power on the wet side

why no XRs?

CRF450x you can find plated sometimes

690 is too big for WA. you would be fighting it the whole time on the trails