KX100 clutch

I just bought a 2003 KX100 runs great but I'm having an issue with the clutch. I cannot start it when its in gear, it has to be in neutral. If I am in gear and i pull the clutch lever, my bike will not roll thus I cannot bump start it. It seems like the clutch lever does not work but when the bike is running I am shifting up and down just fine. How do I fix this?

Grooved basket, file it or replace it.

I had a 99 kx100 that had the actuator arm or whatever you want to call it...it sticks out of the case and connects to the clutch line, that was worn, so as you pulled the clutch, it rotates, but it was worn where it should've pulled the plates out and wasn't.

Take the cover off and check it, and replace if needed.

Sweet, thanks for the response, I'll open up the basket and check.

the little bikes have sticky clutches when cold. my 100 does the same thing. its no big deal, just start it in nuetral

the little bikes have sticky clutches when cold. my 100 does the same thing. its no big deal, just start it in nuetral

Yeah, I just did a search on KX100 clutch and it appears that this is normal when the bike is cold. Starting in neutral is fine but sometimes when you're out on the trails you want to be able to start in 1st or 2nd especially when you want to bump start the bike. I sure hope i can fix this.

Yeah, I just did a search on KX100 clutch and it appears that this is normal when the bike is cold. Starting in neutral is fine but sometimes when you're out on the trails you want to be able to start in 1st or 2nd especially when you want to bump start the bike. I sure hope i can fix this.

well if it does it when warm, then you may have issues, check the basket for grooves, etc

My girlfriend's '99 KX100 used to do this. A switch from Rotella T to type F ATF helped quite a bit.

My girlfriend's '99 KX100 used to do this. A switch from Rotella T to type F ATF helped quite a bit.

I don't have a manual, does anyone have the directions to open up the clutch basket and how much oil I'm suppose to put in after I put things back together?

The oil capacity is on the clutch cover.