Sign in to follow this  

Washington Odessa Bikeweek

Hi All,

Great news! Odessa Bikeweek is on for another year.

http://www.odessachamber.net/bikeweek.php

We've got a lot of details to work out yet so keep a close eye on the web site.

This year will be really cool because the Frostbite and White Knuckle events are only a week before the Destert 100! Jerry Schafer and Neil Jeske are again opening up hundreds of acres of land for your riding pleasure between those two events. So far it also looks like the Town of Odessa will open up some city streets for the event, stay at the RV park and ride out to the course areas just outside of town! (PLEASE be sure to read and follow the rules layed out at the above site.)

So come on out to the Hare Scramble then stick around Odessa for the week before moving to the D100 site. Or, just come to Odessa early this year, stay just outside of town, hit the Northwests only Dirt Bike only trade show then take a nice relaxing drive out to the D100 camping area.

OK, having layed out some basics, I could use some help from all of you.

First off, the Chamber of Commerce will run the show floor a little bit differently this year. We'll open late and close later. Noon till 8 or 10 pm. Ride all day, talk to the dealers in the evening. Or during the day as you'll be able to ride your dirt bike right to the show hall!

We are also going to open the trade show up to more vendors this year. Lance with Experience Power Sports did an amazing job for filling the floor space last year but we found that it's just too much for one shop to cover. If you have a favorite dealership, manufacturer, vendor etc. please have them contact me and we'll see what we can do to get them some space.

Just like last year there is no cost to ber at this event, either as an attendee or as a vendor (though we will set up a donation bucket so we can try to get some utilities funds to the town).

My email address is ooe@odessaoffice.com and my cell phone is 5099880260.

laters,

marlon

(President, Odessa Chamber of Commerce)

Kudos to the town of Odessa. I make it a point to visit local establishments each time I'm out there for an event. This is the kind of mutual support our community needs. :smirk:

Say, I have a question for you guys.

Last year we opened up the showers at the high school gym. But no one used them.

I have to work on our schedules so I'd like to know if there is any interest in showers. I can open them from Wed. through Sat. night.

Thoughts?

marlon

Kudos to the town of Odessa. I make it a point to visit local establishments each time I'm out there for an event. This is the kind of mutual support our community needs. :smirk:

Indeed. Even though I don't camp there (these old bones need peace and quiet), I fill my rigs with gas, buy snacks, drinks and anything else I can think of to support this town and their graciousness. Also 3 cheers for the land-owners who let us use some of the most beautiful countryside to run thousands of motorcycles on!:rant:

Say, I have a question for you guys.

Last year we opened up the showers at the high school gym. But no one used them.

I have to work on our schedules so I'd like to know if there is any interest in showers. I can open them from Wed. through Sat. night.

Thoughts?

marlon

Ok, I'm gonna be honest....I usually don't smell too good on the way home, but somehow...that's all part of it. :smirk: