Sign in to follow this  

CBS Strikes again

Let's not cover the LCQ and let's skip the Heat race with the most talented riders in it. We'll have more time to bombard everyone with 30 minutes of commercial ads instead.

When will speed channel pick up Supercross again?

Grrrrrrrr

2011 Monster Energy Supercross Television Schedule* Air Date - Featured Race - Network - Time

•Dec. 26 - N/A - CBS (Preview) - 5:00 p.m. ET

•Jan. 8 - Anaheim, Calif. - SPEED (LIVE) - 10:00 p.m. ET

•Jan. 15 - Phoenix, Ariz. - SPEED (LIVE) - 9:30 p.m. ET

•Jan. 23 - Los Angeles, Calif. - CBS - 12:00 p.m. ET

•Jan. 30 - Oakland, Calif. - CBS - 12:00 p.m. ET

•Feb. 6 - Anaheim, Calif. - SPEED - 4-6:00 p.m. ET

•Feb. 13 - Houston, Texas - CBS - 12:00 p.m. ET

•Feb. 19 - San Diego, Calif. - SPEED (LIVE) - 10:30 p.m. ET

•Feb. 26 - Atlanta, Ga. - SPEED (LIVE) - 7:30 p.m. ET

•Feb. 27 - N/A - CBS (Legends) - 12:00 p.m. ET

•March 12 - Indianapolis, Ind. - SPEED (LIVE) - 7:30 p.m. ET

•March 20 - Jacksonville, Fla. - SPEED - 6:00 p.m. ET

•March 27 - Toronto, Canada - SPEED - 6:00 p.m. ET

•April 3 - Dallas, Texas - CBS - 12:00 p.m. ET

•April 10 - St. Louis, Mo. - CBS - 12:00 p.m. ET

•April 16 - Seattle, Wash. - SPEED (LIVE) - 6:00 p.m. ET

•May 1 - Salt Lake City, Utah - CBS - 12:00 p.m. ET

•May 7 - Las Vegas, Nev. - SPEED (LIVE) - 10:00 p.m. ET

•May 8 - N/A - CBS (Season Recap) - Time TBD

*Schedules are always subject to change, always check your local listings for the latest schedule.

Let's not cover the LCQ and let's skip the Heat race with the most talented riders in it. We'll have more time to bombard everyone with 30 minutes of commercial ads instead.

When will speed channel pick up Supercross again?

Grrrrrrrr

I have to agree with you, CBS coverage sucks ass.

All the commercials make me want to pound a couple Monster Energy drinks and buy a brand new YZ450F.

All the commercials make me want to pound a couple Monster Energy girls and buy a brand new YZ450F.

fixed it for you:thumbsup:

I don't even watch CbS anymore, I would rather wait a day or week to watch it on speed. It's the worse coverage of racing I have ever seen.

The damn fast forward button on the DVR recorder remote is worn out from skipping through all the commercials on CBS. I have the DVR set to record all the races so I can skip to what is important when I watch them later; but, it don't matter because that remote is in my hand for at least a 1/2 of the programming on CBS.

CBS cares:lol:

The choice is......show with commercials or no show. How do you think the promoters can afford to pay for SX to be on TV? They sell the ad space to pay for it. No commercials = no show.

Yep, the coverage does suck, but it's the only way I can see any of it out here in the sticks. I would rather take the money for a satellite dish and put in the bike.

How long until we get to see every round live on speed?

Every year it seems we are getting more coverage so it might not be that far off.

All the commercials make me want to pound a couple Monster Energy drinks and buy a brand new YZ450F.

Dude, they've gotten into your head....wake up...wake up, man....snap out of it <running smelling salts under your nose>

Just be glad your local CBS station didn't put Montell Williams' Pressure Cooker in the time slot for supercross.....yeah, you bet i was pissed.

The only thing I like about CBS is the commercial free Main event. Otherwise, after the first heat between the 10 minute mark to the 30 minute mark right before the main event the show is worthless, absolutely worthless.

GeorgiePorgie #740

Since 1987

http://www.pitracer.com

More like when will ESPN cover motocross and supercross again? That was the good ol days when watching races on TV was actually cool and a meaningful experience.

You can get better coverage from a 10 second part of a race from the 90s on youtube of an old espn race than what we get in todays crappy world.

cbs needs to just show clips of the heats then have the WHOLE rest of the show dedicated to the main, im so sick of them showing clips of the riders life story and crap, thats what wikipedia is for, they really could learn something from nascar about how to cover an event

We need this again! Check out this classic race and excellent coverage. Anytime I hear these guys I get a smile and good memories, Art Eckman was the best.

We need this again! Check out this classic race and excellent coverage. Anytime I hear these guys I get a smile and good memories, Art Eckman was the best.

Thanks for posting this link. I had been out of the racing world during these years, but it reminds me of what racing coverage used to be! It was so much better then: the commentating, the cameras, 2 strokes, etc!!

The only thing I have to admit is that this season is tight with 4 guys so close in points, but the coverage sucks. I don't get Speed so I only watch the CBS races and wow do they suck!!

I might have to upgrade my cable for MX, though...