2003 TTR-125 questions

alright, i might be buying an '03 ttr 125 later this week,

i have a few questions...

for this bike what would you recommend for an exhaust pipe?

can i get a vforce3 reed on it?

and how hard would it be to hook up a headlight system?

its a kick start bike

also graphics kits? what would be a good site for them?

^^ video of the bike

Edited by II HoSTiiiLe II

Not sure why you would want to put a vforce reed on it? but its a fourstroke so no you cannot.

Exhaust wont make a very noticable difference, unless your just looking for sound. your better off doing a jet kit and air filter if your looking for a noticable power difference.

yea, i dont really care for sound just looking to get more power out of it

I hope it's for your wife or your kid, because that bike is a toad.

There's a few things you can do though: TTR125 Mods

im not to worried with speed, not going to bed doing any racing with it. mainly trails when i bring it to canada

Most of your other posts were concerning an RM250....so just to be sure we're on the same page... realize that this is actually more of a kids bike...don't get me wrong, it's a great and fun little trail bike even for adults...but it's really designed for kids...it's a very small and short bike with negligible power...

Well just throw on some different sprockets and give it a jet kit and filter. I'm looking at getting one to putt around on. To the neighbors and stuff not really trails.

Most of your other posts were concerning an RM250....so just to be sure we're on the same page... realize that this is actually more of a kids bike...don't get me wrong, it's a great and fun little trail bike even for adults...but it's really designed for kids...it's a very small and short bike with negligible power...

yea i had the rm250, thing was nice, downfall, im 19 and to short for the bike. im only 5'6 125lbs. figure a 125 would be good. so right now im looking at buying a 2003 ttr 125 for 1k, or a KLX 125 for 1150. what would be the better buy then? ive been hearing mixed reviews about kawi.

Just remember that it's a playbike at best.

My biggest bang for the buck mods were the XR200 carb swap, FMF pipe, open up the airbox for more performance.

I also put upside down forks on and a Progressive shock.

I'm also run Dunlop MX 51 tires on it.

yea i had the rm250, thing was nice, downfall, im 19 and to short for the bike. im only 5'6 125lbs. figure a 125 would be good. so right now im looking at buying a 2003 ttr 125 for 1k, or a KLX 125 for 1150. what would be the better buy then? ive been hearing mixed reviews about kawi.
So your going from a 2 stroke 250 to a 4 stroke 125... I think you really should be looking at a 2 stroke 125. There's a big difference. Try 20-25hp and few inches in seat height. At 5'6, you're in prime real estate to get the larger frame 125 2 stroke. Don't let the bike's size scare you. Quite a few riders would take your size over being taller.

If you keep going the play bike route, you will be severely limited on how much power the bike puts out. The KLX is actually a Suzuki DRZ with different plastics - no big problems that I know of, we used to own one. The KLX/DRZ has other engine mods to consider beyond what the TTR can provide, but you should be a machinist/engine guru to know what you are doing in that department. At the most, with a 190 kit in a KLX/DRZ, you may be able to pull 20+hp, but you'll spend $2K-3K to do it with mods to support (suspension, intake/exhaust), and have to always run race gas.

-Kerry

sent u a pm, II HoSTiiiLe II

so would would you guys recommend. a 2003 ttr 125l or a 2006 klx 125?

look for a 125 2 stroke... more power:)

For your weight and height I think you are looking at the wrong bike.Just to make it somewhat trail worthy for you would cost maybe $600 and just not enough power.You should be looking for a XR 200-CRF 230-250F or a 125 2stroke depending on your skill level.

if you want good sound get a pro circut ehzost.it also adds some more hp and speed