18" rear wheel

ya, there are plenty plenty of older YZ/WR wheels on ebay for real cheap.... and they all have drum brakes so automatically it's a no. The Sure Fire way is to cross reference Bikebandit's or Ronayer's part fiche - ie: look up 2005 YZ rear wheel's part number(mainly, the hub's and the rim's) and see if the one you want to buy from Ebay has the same part number.

Hi, I found a matching WR 18 for my 98 YZ on ebay. Only certian years will match your bike (e.g. for me only 96-98 WR will fit a 98 YZ). You need to look up you rear hub part number off of an OEM site, like bike bandit (as said before). When a WR wheel shows up on ebay that is close in year, then look up the WR wheel on the same OEM site and match the hub part number. If they match, then you know you will have a fit. Note the you will still likely have to replace both the sprocket and the rotor. For instance, I put 97 WR 18 on my 98 YZ and I had to replace the rotor with a YZ rotor since the WR rotor is about 1" less is diameter and the sprocket needs to match what you run. Since I run a 52, I had to remove the 49 that came on it. BTW, those old wheels on ebay are Husky wheels, not WR wheels, but they always show up on a WR wheel search. Thanks, Jeff