Sign in to follow this  

2009 Husqvarna TE250 iBeat setting procedure

2009 Husqvarna TE250 iBeat setting procedure.

This procedure is similar to what I would do when a driver would complain about poor throttle response on a Cosworth XFE when I was doing track support for the ChampCar World series and worked at Cosworth.

This is what worked for me.

Start bike and bring up to operating temperature.

Turn off bike and perform the following steps.

Back off the hard throttle stop all the way. Open and close the throttle several times and make sure it is closed all the way.

Now reset T.P.S. to 0% with iBeat.

Turn in the hard throttle stop until it touches the wheel + ¼ turn.

This should give you a 0.2 to 0.3 % reading on the stop and a 105.0 to 105.1 % reading at full throttle.

Now set co1 = 115%, co2 = 108% and co3 = 107%.

Start up the bike and set the idle to 1600 with the thumb screw.

This made the throttle response so much better with NO MORE stalling.:smirk:

I’m still trying to figure this thing out. With my previous settings the idle speed wanted to hunt and would stall occasionally at idle. I’m now at 1 full turn in on the hard stop and reset the T.P.S. to 100.4 at full throttle. The idle thumb screw is now at 2 ¾ turns out from fully seated (1650 R.P.M.). I changed my cO settings to 118/112/107 I did this after removing the S.A. The bike runs better than it ever has. Has anyone found any DOCUMENTED (Husky/Mikuni) procedure for setting the throttle body and T.P.S.? Every system that I have worked with in the past; you set the throttle blade opening with a feeler gauge, then you adjusted the T.P.S. to a specific number. I’m sure there is a sweet spot in this system with the relationship between throttle blade opening and T.P.S. setting. Any help would be appreciated.