That's why he's called "The Man"

Supercross

Ok, so I've read so much negative talk about Ken Roczen racing the 350 in the Supercross class, bad idea, not enough experience, too wild..... Roger Decoster is no fool. He put him in that class to put a fire under Shorts and Allessi's butt. You say bad idea, I say genious! No KTM fan here but all three bikes in the top 10. Good move Roger! You da man!

Bad timming for this thread, all the ktm hatters seam to have gone on vacation.lol dunno_ask me why.

No...all the haters are currently hating on JS7 after this weekend in Houston. Don't worry they will return shortly.

Well.. Maybe Roczen's presence lit a fire under Short and Alessi's backsides. Maybe the machines saw some tweaks that made them more competitive. Maybe the track layout favored the 350 some. Who knows for sure. Certainly the first turn incident shook things up and arguably helped all three KTM riders.

The main thing that stood out to me was that Roczen didn't blow Short's doors off as some were hoping. I tend to think now that Andrew is likely extracting a greater degree of the machines full potential than people give him credit for.

Well.. Maybe Roczen's presence lit a fire under Short and Alessi's backsides. Maybe the machines saw some tweaks that made them more competitive. Maybe the track layout favored the 350 some. Who knows for sure. Certainly the first turn incident shook things up and arguably helped all three KTM riders.

The main thing that stood out to me was that Roczen didn't blow Short's doors off as some were hoping. I tend to think now that Andrew is likely extracting a greater degree of the machines full potential than people give him credit for.

I would have to say 90% of the reason they were in the top ten was the first turn crash, the rest was they rode those bikes to their fullest and that we pretty much where they ended up.

I think it worked out exactly the way Roger hoped it would. Had there not been a big pile up at the start he would have been 9th or 10th just as most predicted if he kept it on two wheels which he did. It was a great ride for him. He no doubt will get another on this bike this year if not more.

Ok, so I've read so much negative talk about Ken Roczen racing the 350 in the Supercross class, bad idea, not enough experience, too wild..... Roger Decoster is no fool. He put him in that class to put a fire under Shorts and Allessi's butt. You say bad idea, I say genious! No KTM fan here but all three bikes in the top 10. Good move Roger! You da man!

I think most of the threads that I read (I'm not perfect, correct me if I am wrong) were more concerned about Roczen hurting himself. He has crashed alot to start the season, but seems to be smoothing out as he's learning.

I think the main concerns that I read were that he'd either hurt himself, or cause an issue that would affect one of the point leaders.

I'm glad he had a solid race and came out ok. And, it definitely put a bit of a fire under Short and Alessi, it appears. Either that, or a coincidence. (not as likely) Roczen looks like he will be a flat out stud in this sport in the years to come.

How do you guys think Musquin would have stacked up this year? I doubt he would do as good as Roczen is.

I think Musquin would have been out of top 10. In my opinion he is overrated. Sure he is two time world champion. But in 2009 a real competitor was missed. In 2010 when roczen became faster musquins style was more stay out of any battle by taking the holeshot make a couple of fast laps and reach the finish before roczen got him. Dont get me wrong i like the guy but i think he will never be champion again.

That's awesome. I'm gonna go buy a 350........... NOT!

In 2010 when roczen became faster musquins style was more stay out of any battle by taking the holeshot make a couple of fast laps and reach the finish before roczen got him.

Ummmmmm...... Isn't that what every racer tries to do? It is the whole point. Hell RC had a long and fruitfull career doing that exact same method.... :smirk:

I think Musquin would have been out of top 10. In my opinion he is overrated. Sure he is two time world champion. But in 2009 a real competitor was missed. In 2010 when roczen became faster musquins style was more stay out of any battle by taking the holeshot make a couple of fast laps and reach the finish before roczen got him. Dont get me wrong i like the guy but i think he will never be champion again.

That's a cool story bro.:smirk:

I would have to say 90% of the reason they were in the top ten was the first turn crash, the rest was they rode those bikes to their fullest and that we pretty much where they ended up.

CONGRATULATIONS, You have been granted this weeks ROCKHEAD AWARD!

If you had stated "the rest was they rode up to THEIR fullest ability, and that's where they ended up." , I'm afraid you would not qualify for this weeks award, but, ROCKHEAD you are!!:smirk::rant:

That's awesome. I'm gonna go buy a 350........... NOT!

I'm sure if you rode JS's Yammy, you'd put the spank on the awful 350's, or even worse, you'd kill'em with one of those 450 "Ooskvarnas". YOU almost won this weeks ROCKHEAD awards, but keep at it cause you can't fix stupid....

I'm sure if you rode JS's Yammy, you'd put the spank on the awful 350's, or even worse, you'd kill'em with one of those 450 "Ooskvarnas". YOU almost won this weeks ROCKHEAD awards, but keep at it cause you can't fix stupid....

Well CONGRATULATIONS, you won this weeks DBag award, no speech nessasary.:smirk::bonk:

Wow.... Thanks for the honer TD31! I'll keep shootin' for that top spot. If I win, will you hold my trophy while your girl blows me?!? :smirk:

Well CONGRATULATIONS, you won this weeks DBag award, no speech nessasary.:rant::bonk:

Thanks Johny..... Some guys just want a shot at the title is all.....:smirk:

Thanks Johny..... Some guys just want a shot at the title is all.....:smirk:

ROCKHEAD award, sounds like something from the Flintstones....

No...all the haters are currently hating on JS7 after this weekend in Houston. Don't worry they will return shortly.

Thats hilarious...:smirk::lol:

LMAO!!:rant: I really love threads like this. Now all we need are the camp chairs, fire, PBR and the occasional "your momma's so fat" joke and this would be the perfect set-up!:smirk: