Sign in to follow this  

2011 450 oil

newbie to the honda family. never had bike with seperate oil's. just wondering what everybody would recommend for tranny oil? going to use synthetic on motor side after break in.

I agree. Shell rotella on both sides. Just keep it simple.

cheap readily available and great....as often as these get changed cannot go wrong i have been doing it for nearly ten years!

oh my 03 crf450r is still running on original top end! although i dont ride as much as i used to....but she is still there to kick and blast to life :smirk:

I use ANY 10w40 10w50 15w50 20w40 or 20w50 from the shelf. Just change it often (10h is fine for me) and avoid low density oils such as 0w30, 5 w30 or 0w25. They tend to contain molly and have a low zinc /phosp additive package. They are marketed as Energy Conserving. IMHO Syntethic or not does not make any difference for just a few hours of changing interval

We need a script written to avoid these threads.

IF post title contains 'oil' and Thread body contains 'which' OPEN search crf450r forum with all threads containing the 'oil'

Thanks

We need a script written to avoid these threads.

IF post title contains 'oil' and Thread body contains 'which' OPEN search crf450r forum with all threads containing the 'oil'

Thanks

If it bothers you that much then why do care to open the post?