Sign in to follow this  

Opinions on my Dyno?

Hi I own a 400SM, only mods are: Yoshimura rs3 muffler with stock DRZ E header, dropped a tooth on the front sprocket and I fitted a FCR 39 from an E with the 3x3 hole and had it re-jetted.

The bike feels good just still can't do any power wheelies, the initial response from the throttle feels like it lags a little, and just seems so heavy at the front. Is there anything else I can easily do or check?

The graph shows before and after re-jetting.

5442061295_02ec8260a7_b.jpg

No I thought that was just for the mx version, ok cool so if I remove the Coast enrichener will it affect the current jetting, and the accelerator pump mod is worth doing? Cheers

Depends on the method you use when you remove the CE. There is no performance gain either way. It simply adds fuel during decel and reduce backfiring. I usually leave them on.

You only have to mess with the AP if you have a bog.

I strong suggest not fixing what is not broken.

Jimbo , I have an 08 SM and it took me a while of sorting it out and spending a bit of cash till I could do a power wheelie . It does get annoying when you read on here about all these guys who are just effortlessly twisting there wrists and there bikes are reaching for the sky . I tried gearing 15/44 , I bought the FCR/MX , I did the 3x3 mod with an exhaust system and still no power wheelies . I bought some hotcams , nope no wheelies there ! But then I put in the cylinder works big bore and hey presto , power wheelstands in first and second and a bit of clutch in third . I think most of the people saying they are doing power wheelies are either riding an E or like me , have spent the money to upgrade there S/SM to an E spec . They are just too soft in the standard S/SM form , greg :smirk:

Those are some really good # there jimbo.

Wheelies are a skill "balance/shifting weight" the bike only will make it easier, or harder for some. Keep this in mind, my 09sm stcok I couldn't pick up out of second gear, but I could still ride it out tell 120km, almost reving the bike out in 5th. With +4 BB hotcams and a 39fcr I could pull wheelies up until 4th 100km ride on one tire tell 5th 160km easy depending on wind.

Gearing also has little to do with things.

my 2 cents.

Jimbo , I have an 08 SM and it took me a while of sorting it out and spending a bit of cash till I could do a power wheelie . It does get annoying when you read on here about all these guys who are just effortlessly twisting there wrists and there bikes are reaching for the sky . I tried gearing 15/44 , I bought the FCR/MX , I did the 3x3 mod with an exhaust system and still no power wheelies . I bought some hotcams , nope no wheelies there ! But then I put in the cylinder works big bore and hey presto , power wheelstands in first and second and a bit of clutch in third . I think most of the people saying they are doing power wheelies are either riding an E or like me , have spent the money to upgrade there S/SM to an E spec . They are just too soft in the standard S/SM form , greg :smirk:

I have a stock DRZ400S with about 260 miles clocked in. It will bring the wheel up in 1st every time if i'm moving about 15 MPH then nail it. I did the Mototune break in. Don't know if that helped?