Should I buy a 93' TE350?

I have a chance to buy a 93 TE350 in really good overall condition.

Question is I know nothing about the Husky,

Can I still find parts? and is this a reliable dual sport? I ride about 80% offroad and 20% on pavemant.

Thanks!

Edited by 380tom

I would hold off,I'm not trying to start anything I just don't think a '93 husky would be a good choice.In my opinion bick up a Honda XR...BOMBPROOF!!!

I have a chance to buy a 93 TE350 in really good overall condition.

Question is I know nothing about the Husky,

Can I still find parts? and is this a reliable dual sport? I ride about 80% offroad and 20% on pavemant.

Thanks!

93 WXE350 was a great bike... underpowered compared to a 610 though.

Back east both Kevin Hines and Fredd Houss finished 2nd and 3rd overall in the National Enduro series on stock 1993 Husqvarna WXE350s

One of those race bikes was sold to a friend of mine who still owns it.

Parts are still available, cal UpTite Husqvarna who was the guru on making those thing fly.

Honda XR400 compared to a WXE350... no comparison... the Husqvarna came with Showa motocross suspension and the Honda has hokypokkeys.

The 350 Husqvarna is water-cooled with a quick-pull clutch cover and the Honda was an oil-cooled roaster.

Should I..... ????

Put more info in your subject line? Yes.

An 18 year old machine of anything presents problems that a newer one doesn't. But a bigger problem is that you're in the People's Republik of Kalifornia. Can you get it street legal and plated for your 20% street riding?

It is already street plated in CA. So that is not an issue.

My biggest concern is reliability overall and any common issues with the year and model. I have done some searches over the web and havent found much info at all on the TE350's.

gday from australia mate, i am currently rebuilding a 93 mod te 350,

parts are still easily availble in your country and aslo in th u.k.

if it has been looked after should be a good bike, i am doing a full rebuild, and it has cost me about $700 to get all the parts i needed, so parts are not too expensive,

a xr is a good bike, but got nothing on one of these in good condition .

good luck and cheers

justin

Although it has more performance than the XR's it still a '93 and you just don't know with used bikes.But for reliability you can't beat an XR.

Although it has more performance than the XR's it still a '93 and you just don't know with used bikes.But for reliability you can't beat an XR.

Dude, I realize you like the XR's, but that wasn't the question... OP stated the bike is in really good shape. There is always a risk with used bikes and the original poster knows that. BTW, where are the husky's in your signature line?

Hondas are junk! I know more people with blow Honda 4-stroke parked in their garage than any other brand, because it cost $2000 to rebuild one.

XR400 were great bikes in their day, but the Husqvarna WXE350 flat out smoked it.

Hondas going to be out of the dirt bike and quad market anyways in another year or two anyways... their focus is GREEN CARS and their GREEN CAR customers don't like dirt bikes or quads.

In five years the only thing honda is going to be making that has two wheels are ELECTRIC Scooters. http://corporate.honda.com/environment/

:smirk:

HuskyRips

How does the TE compare to the WXE?

Same motor, gearing and suspension??

Hondas are junk! ..............

Hondas going to be out of the dirt bike and quad market anyways in another year or two anyways... their focus is GREEN CARS and their GREEN CAR customers don't like dirt bikes or quads.

In five years the only thing honda is going to be making that has two wheels are ELECTRIC Scooters. http://corporate.honda.com/environment/

:smirk:

Funny predictions !!

Did you find the GREEN jet airplane Honda is going to build? Whoops... not that GREEN. Burns a bit more dead dinosaurs than a boat load of CRF Hondas.

"December 21, 2010- Honda Aircraft Company, Inc., announced that it has successfully completed the first flight of its FAA-conforming HondaJet advanced light business jet."

http://world.honda.com/HondaJet/