Ducati 848

I do. I was like that when I bought one in early 2008 and I still love the 848 but, after 3 years of great fun I have bought an Aprilia RSV4. I think the 848 is a better bike despite being outclassed for components by the RSV - full ohlins, big red brembos - but the 848 ergonomics get me after a few hours esp by about hour 4 or 5 comoing back from the track over in Johor Malaysia. The bike rides on rails. Its very quick if you focus and you aren't wrestling with wheel (front or rear) all the time and even after 3 years its still looks like sex on wheels, e v en sitting still. RSV ergos are great, sus and brakes great, ditto manouervrability. And the RSV's noise is glorious nearly all the time, not just on arrival in the power band, like a Sivio Berlusconis party?!

• 2 months later...

What are you doing with it? As a track bike, maybe a fast Sunday blaster, the 848 is a really nice bike. As an all-arounder, anyone that I know with one (either 848, 1098 or 1198) is not a big fan due to comfort.

Still, with a set of nice sounding Termi's, it's a gorgeous bike that will outrun any other Duc short of it's bigger brother 1098/1198.

Sex on wheels, YES

Pain in your but, YES (seat)

Maintenance suck, YES

I have never owned one due to the Harsh ergonomics and the maintenance schedule (Testastretta valves) BUT I have always loved the looks and sound of those Italian V Twins. I own a GSXR 750 which suits me, but if I would have had double my budget, an 848 EVO would be hard to resist.

-MXA