New 2011 Good Price?

That sounds good....I have seen some a little lower for out of state deals

I've resigned myself to the fact that I will have to pay tax. I purchased 2 bikes in 2006 out of state and in 2008 I was sent a tax bill for both with a ton of interest and penalties. So I will just cough it up sooner rather than later.

That's a good a deal as any. I got mine for $100 cheaper out of state + 6 hours round trip driving.

If you didn't pay sales tax in NC on that you will be getting a tax bill in about 2 years. Yamaha and Kawasaki corporate report to the various states of what they sold along with address apparently. Got a bill for both over 2 years later.

That sucked.

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine for $7300 OTD. Not a penny more. Heard some horror stories and some interesting info about the bikes I was looking at on ebay so I am glad I went with my local dealer and that he could get me a good price.

That is one of the bikes I was bidding on. I only went to $5300 and was the high bidder, but did not meet the reserve. I called them about the deal and once I talked to them and read the entire ad, the deal wasn't that sweet anymore. Basically it looks like this - $6,000 + $700(prep/clerical fees) + $500(tax) = $7200. Then you have to either get there or get it to you. I was going to drive there and get it, which would have probably cost $150 in fuel. I went to my local dealer instead. Plus I heard that they get bikes that are damaged, fix them, and then sell them a little cheaper. I don't like the sound of that at all.

I got a 2011 450 from my buddy whos the finance manager. He said he sold it to me for DEAD cost at $7100 OTD Including florida tax and an $800 rebate.

Sounds about right if that includes the sales tax. I'm paying $6,900 and change including tax and the rebate. My tax rate could be less than your paying in Florida though.

Sounds about right if that includes the sales tax. I'm paying $6,900 and change including tax and the rebate. My tax rate could be less than your paying in Florida though.

I don't understand if no one is charging above "cost" how do these dealers stay in business. I cant imagine how little the commissions the salesman get. Thats McDonalds money right there.

My buddy charged me $7000 and hes been a childhood friend. Some of you guys are getting similar deals. So does that mean no one is making cash?

I don't understand if no one is charging above "cost" how do these dealers stay in business.

The rebate.. or so I was told..goes right to the dealer.

So if they sell the bike for around 6.5-7K and get $800 from Honda rebate they made over 10% on the bike which in this market is good.

When I was looking at a 09 KX 450 the rebate was 1K and the dealers were moving them.

The rebate.. or so I was told..goes right to the dealer.

So if they sell the bike for around 6.5-7K and get $800 from Honda rebate they made over 10% on the bike which in this market is good.

When I was looking at a 09 KX 450 the rebate was 1K and the dealers were moving them.

Nope, my rebate was deducted and I still was at $7000 OTD