Sign in to follow this  

Washington Desert 100 - Tips, reminders and information

Right on Eric!

I also have been told that the Cenex will have propane this year as well as 24hr gas / diesel....

That is confirmed. Filled up propane last Saturday.

12 days and counting....

Question of the day: Have you ordered those last minute parts yet to make sure they arrive and you have time to put them on???

Heck NO! It's not even CLOSE to being last minute yet! LOL

I've never done the desert 100, and just obligated myself to it. But my only bike is an XR 400 right now.... What are your guys' thoughts on riding a 100 mile RACE on an XR400.

I did the Dirty Poker Run last weekend which was about 35 miles of desert and did just fine, but 100 miles is a lot farther....

I've never done the desert 100, and just obligated myself to it. But my only bike is an XR 400 right now.... What are your guys' thoughts on riding a 100 mile RACE on an XR400.

I did the Dirty Poker Run last weekend which was about 35 miles of desert and did just fine, but 100 miles is a lot farther....

ride your own race and youll be fine. Just treat it like a harder than normal ride where you cant stop:lol:

Lots of 400s out there. :cheers:

ride your own race and youll be fine. Just treat it like a harder than normal ride where you cant stop:lol:
[

That is why my Husband say's I do not get to ride the D-100:smirk: maybe I should learn to not stop so much on the trail.

Question- are there rattlesnakes in Odessa?

Question- are there rattlesnakes in Odessa?

Perhaps but it's still too cold and they are dormant.... I have spent a lot of time there since 2003 and I have never seen one nor have I ever heard of someone seeing one.

Perhaps but it's still too cold and they are dormant.... I have spent a lot of time there since 2003 and I have never seen one nor have I ever heard of someone seeing one.

That is good news! Thanks!

Sweet, thanks for the advice, I went from a little doubtful to stoked.... See you guys out there!:cheers:

Sweet, thanks for the advice, I went from a little doubtful to stoked.... See you guys out there!:ride:

I think youll be surprised. I actually think its easier than the poker run. After the first 15 or so miles youll feel like u have the place to yourself. It spreads out really fast.... Bottlenecks after that die down. Then you have this cool ride to yourself.:cheers:

Known allergies to medications and important past medical history is not a bad idea either! I would sure hate to find out you broke your back years ago or are allergic to morphine that hard way. :cheers:

TONY

The list of previous injuries would take a three inch binder. Can list the two bones I haven't broken:cripple:

The list of previous injuries would take a three inch binder. Can list the two bones I haven't broken:cripple:

lol.....my binder is plenty thick too :cheers:

TONY

Tony - Is it possible to set off an airport metal detector if you have enough surgical grade stainless or titanium in you?

Just curious.

I know for sure there was at least 1 guy on an XR400 who was in the top 50 last year. He was the most consistent rider I have ever seen, I think that XR was at the same RPM the entire race, lol. To be honest the XR would be a great bike for a lot of riders in that race, the bike is predictable and one of the most reliable bikes ever made.

I know for sure there was at least 1 guy on an XR400 who was in the top 50 last year. He was the most consistent rider I have ever seen, I think that XR was at the same RPM the entire race, lol. To be honest the XR would be a great bike for a lot of riders in that race, the bike is predictable and one of the most reliable bikes ever made.

Just so long as you have your kick starting routine down solid!