TE 630 Anybody-Just bought 1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people need a bike this big? I'm flat out containing my TE310!!!

Why? Because it can be used as a genuine road and trail bike. Stock, it ticks over smoothly at ~4k on the highway for 100kph. Gobs of power from idle to the red line. It'll whip around a 150ft road train without a down shift. Short shifting in the mid-range will still see it getting along at a respectable clip. It is light on fuel and maintenance. It'll haul a pile of gear for a week or two away...

It does a pile of stuff that the 310 might not be too comfortable with.

You could be right though if the primary function was as a dirt bike. Wide open it is capable of some impressive straight line speed on desert tracks... it's a little scary how effortlessly it does it. I saw the high side of 100mph and accelerating hard on hard pack with sand drifts (and close trees) when I realised how fast I was moving and decided that was quite enough.

I have had the 2008 610 version for 2 years, the best dual sport bike made!

One of my best days, was on the road just before sun up, 110 miles of hiways, some freeway, never went over 100, mostly 70-75. filled with gas, into national forest, lots of logging roads, some of the easier trails, riding alone I avoided the challenging ones, abt 5pm out of the forrest back to the same gas station, 217 miles on 3.1 gallons of gas (yes it was on fumes) 110 miles of road home, did hit 100 a couple times

First buying this bike was painless, no BS no headaches just picked up the phone spoke with Bob at Central Jersey Cycles based on a cycle-trader ad.

We figured out what would be best for my needs and pulled the trigger 3.15.2011.

Yesterday 3.23.2011:

The truck pulled up and we opened the back and there it was crated.

Pulled it off the truck and uncrated it. Left it on the pallet and put it in my F-150 and took it home. Assembled the front end (Loctite) front wheel, handle bars, connected the battery added fuel. Turn the ignition to on press the start button cranked instantly but would not start. Checked fuses, plug for sparking, gas lines etc. Finally determined that the fuel pump was not coming on when the ignition was turned on.

Getting too late had to wrap it up.

I had no worries about the bike being defective I knew based on the build quality it was going to be something simple/stupid, also the help I got from Central Jersey Cycles throughout the sales process was great and I knew if there was an issue Bob would be there.

Today 3.24.2011:

Talked to buddy with a 310 and he said it sounds like your fuel pump connector is off. I called Central Jersey Cycles first thing and the phone was busy. I did not leave a message I would call back later.

About ten minutes after I called Bob at Central Jersey Cycles he called me (I guess from reviewing his caller ID). We talked about the problem I told him I had brought the bike to work he recommended that we do a check to see if we can narrow down the problem. I told him what my buddy and said and he guided me to where the fuel pump connector was: in front, behind the shroud.

I stuck my hand up in there and sure enough a connector was dangling. My hands were too large to get in there so I had to remove the left shroud. Five bolts later and connector snapped in place IT"S ALIVE!!!

What a great sound!! Bob at Central Jersey Cycles did the remap thing with the 02 thing it growls and no flat spots. Amazing!

I need to give Bob at Central Jersey Cycles a plug and I don't care if this sounds like a commercial. He did what he said he was going to do.

Throughout the whole process, sales to small issue he took the time to help. I had called two other Husky dealers before buying from Central Jersey Cycles and they seemed almost annoyed that I would ask a lot of questions. They also charged more and added Dealer and DOCS fees. Bob did not and oh yeah shipping from Jersey to Miami, FLA $289.00 in the factory box.

I am going to leave work early and go for a ride. More later.

Rode today for 4 hours kept the rpm's at about 4K the bike will roost and wheelie even at this sedate throttle turning. Amazing! An out of box fast plenty of balls, smooth no monkey bike. This is what I have been searching for (I have tried and owned DRZ's, XL650, KLX250-still own, WR250R, DL650still own, DR 650 etc.).

Average mpg's 46 with a little less than 100 miles.

I read a post on adv where a guy compared a bunch of bikes and stated add it up. The husky gives you the best bang for your buck. I think so.

I liked all my bikes, they are great to ride. The Husky is just the most fun I have had since I was a kid on a two smoke.

In the end does it matter?

No get out and ride with friends!!?

I have had the 2008 610 version for 2 years, the best dual sport bike made!

One of my best days, was on the road just before sun up, 110 miles of hiways, some freeway, never went over 100, mostly 70-75. filled with gas, into national forest, lots of logging roads, some of the easier trails, riding alone I avoided the challenging ones, abt 5pm out of the forrest back to the same gas station, 217 miles on 3.1 gallons of gas (yes it was on fumes) 110 miles of road home, did hit 100 a couple times

Now thats what owning a dual sport bike is all about! Someday.....