WR Stator Bolt Removal Question

I cracked the engine cover and in order to replace it need to remove the stator which is attached on the inside with two star headed bolts. Anyone know what tool is used to remove these?

BTW - cut the crap (5 stitches) out of my thumb on the engine cover removing two other bolts inside there. Those cover's edges are sharp bastards!

It's called a Torx bit...not dure what size, but I would guess T20 or T25. You can pick up a whole set at most auto parts stores for around 20 bucks...


Yup, torx bits. Imo the phillps should be retired and replaced with torx on EVERYTHING being produced EVERYWHERE.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now