Carb Issues

Drastically. A smaller carb means less air into the engine. I assume your gonna tighten up the clamps to make this carb work 32-26mm is a bit much. Even if you get it to work and jet it correctly it I doubt it will perform as well.

A smaller carburetor might not be as bad as you think. One that is too large will hurt low RPM torque. One that is too small will limit peak power. It’s usually easy to detect a carb that is too small; the engine will accelerate well at low RPM, but will not rev as expected under load. However, in a dirt bike that operates in the lower RPM range much of the time a small carburetor can work well.

It is harder to tell when a carburetor is too large. Fuel is metered by the volume of air flow and pressure difference between the manifold vacuum and the atmospheric pressure. The larger the carburetor, the harder it is to measure small air flow and pressure differences caused by low RPMs and wide open throttle. So, if you want good low RPM throttle response, a smaller carburetor could be the ticket. I’ve seen Chinese copies of Keihin carbs for as little as $35. At that price, it might be worth a try.

FYI - I don't know what type carburetor mount your Suzuki has, but I recently picked up 32mm Keihin knockoff for $35 USD as a replacement for my XR 200s carb. The Chinese carburetor was a direct bolt-on and parts interchanged with the old Keihin which would have cost $160.

Interesting stuff guys. Does anyone know if there are inexpensive, knockoff fuel injection throttle bodies available? Where do you find knockoff parts? I've bought second hand part from eBay for a significant discount, but something new at a low price would be better.