Sign in to follow this  

Keihin FCR 41mm on 96' xr650L??????

I have that carb on a downed KTM RXC620 (stator).. carb from sudco

Even tho I love that KTM with that carb (oh what grins) I am thinking of pulling the carb and putting it on the pig, and parting the 620 (actually is 609cc's) but when running I would not doubt it would overtake just about any xr but the commonality of the xr makes me want to stick with Honda. Do you think this is a good idea? Fitment? And I just saw a very recent thread on here about bikes flooding on their sides and the RXC was very bad about starting after being down...Can I expect the same with this transplant??? What would you suggest for mods with this carb

I will get the carb #'s later if that will help.

Or would somebody like to do the daves mods for me?:thumbsup:

What kind of output, throttle response, etc... comparison do you think would be between Daves mods and an FCR 41mm?

How well will the xr's carb work on the the ktm so's I can sell a running bike if I replace the stator?

Lots of questions but

Thanks.

I have an FCR on my pig. Replaced the OEM CV with Dave's mods... night and day difference. The lag that existed with the CV carb is now gone. As far as fitment goes... that is an unknown. I know the FCRs that came on CRs will bolt up with an adapter for the airbox boot. I didn't even have to change my XRL cables.

Here's mine with the airbox adapter:

P6230189.jpg

Ok, I think I am going to go for it, and steal whatever I can of the RXC. It would be nice if the Woddy's laced excel rims, handle bars and riser, Corbin seat, Propilot shocks and ohlins shock. etcx xtcrtra ektsaidra, would fit :thumbsup:

Any suggestions on fitment, cables, jetting ( I'm thinking of keeping the stock pipe or crf pipe.

I will get a pic of carb tonight.

You've got a KTM with Ohlins fork and your parting it out because of a stator???????

What am I missing here?

LOL, nice one.

NW

Have one of those Noss adapters on an FCR on my 650R. Are they out of business? Anywhere else to get another one of those adapters?

You've got a KTM with Ohlins fork and your parting it out because of a stator???????

What am I missing here?

Dang! Now you made me go back to the should I or shouldn't I do this frame of mind.

I had failed to mention that the flywheel is starting to fail also.

I had bought a used stator for it and the ohms readings are everywhere

I was going to put it on anyhow but when I noticed the flywheel, I figured I better not or I could have an explosion in there.

New Stator is $363 + shipping

New flywheel is $$210 + shipping

that is what I am missing these days $$$

There is a dude in Spain (motoplat I think) which can rewind the stator for about $200 shipped I think and will be better than stock and maybe a little more juice. And the stock ones are suppose to be very prone to failure so that Spain would seem to be the better way all the way around.

If I had the cash I could get the beast running and out of garage hibernation but I am also looking at a kdx200 that is going nowhere soon, but I also could put it in another funfilled area of my brokearse funnness. I could take that virtually new carb put it on the L. and what ever else I could steal.

Sell off the bike which I will regret. buy the built 03' kdx 200 with new tires plastics chain sprockets bar etc etc etc etc just sitting in a garage for $1,400 and move on with my life with just one big pig with one big $600 madass carberator and one mean little woods bike. And learn the power of 2.

sorry I ramble...

I tell you what, if you want it, without a carb for $1,800 it's yours, $2,100 w/carb

-chain with 1,000 road miles and some light dirt riding needs to be put on it, think the sprockets are in the oil bag too.

-xtra Clutch and basket with 1,000 same miles in an oil bag,

-only a couple thousand (25%) hard amature dirt miles on the clutch and basket on the bike.

Alot of the work below is about 5,000 miles

-Woody's laced excel rims,

-new rear hub

-extra front rim with wave rotor

-small crack in stock rim on bike which I can have welded -

-needs tires

-extra heavy duty innertubes

-main transmision rollerbearing mod done

-countebalanced motor

mobile 1syn. oil

-19 litre or so tank (1995 acerbis desert tank aprox 5gallons)

-corbin seat (300 mile awesomeness- never noticed the vibration people talk about on these bikes like people talk about throuout the bike)

-bar end things (weights or balancers)

-extra seat off a 95

-brush gaurds ( enduro engineering)

-valved and sprung for 225lb rider

-marchozzi forks (work by pro-pilot) w/super seal saver

-olhins rear shock (not shure who if anybody offhand but I wouldn't doubt work done by meticulus advrider)

-stock springs come with

-fork skins beat up some

-brembo brakes

-stock fork guards

-1" bar riser and different bar I think

-Uptite racing supetrapp exhaust (with 18 discs I think)

-stock header and pipe included

-all the reading material for bike and suspension

-clean title

- andmore

-andmuchmore

+scratches scuffs and use

With the suspension currently on it clicked all the way down rides like my xr (well maybe a little better, I haven't rode it for a while and my riding has greatly improved) and I think it will be a long time before I get into flying pigs. And I currently don't want to work on suspension however easy it may be to switch it out and pay for valving.

Again, sorry

What to do,what to do...

Edited by rockraven00

Dang you all the bells, I think I'm going to put the oily chain and sprockets on her tomorrow, so's to contiplate this some. Or maybe one of the sets of aluminum big teeth on the rear sitting down there.

Have one of those Noss adapters on an FCR on my 650R. Are they out of business? Anywhere else to get another one of those adapters?

I don't think they are out of business because their website is still there. I bought one from them last year. They sell for about $75. Here is the website.

Good to hear! Weird that I wasn't able to access their website last week. Comes up fine now. Need to order a couple more of those adapters.

I have an FCR on my pig. Replaced the OEM CV with Dave's mods... night and day difference. The lag that existed with the CV carb is now gone. As far as fitment goes... that is an unknown. I know the FCRs that came on CRs will bolt up with an adapter for the airbox boot. I didn't even have to change my XRL cables.

Here's mine with the airbox adapter:

P6230189.jpg

Question for anybody who has installed an FCR on their XRL: does it clear the stock tank? Reason I ask is that I'm designing a new tank, using the stock tank as the foundation. Have a Mikuni carb that I've used to check clearance, but want to make sure this tank will work with any/all of the popular carbs people are using on these bikes. Thanks in advance.

Question for anybody who has installed an FCR on their XRL: does it clear the stock tank? Reason I ask is that I'm designing a new tank, using the stock tank as the foundation. Have a Mikuni carb that I've used to check clearance, but want to make sure this tank will work with any/all of the popular carbs people are using on these bikes. Thanks in advance.

It clears my Clarke with no issues... I assume it will clear the OEM tank as well. If nobody knows for certain, I can always throw my stock tank on and see. I need to pull my tank off to drain the gas anyway...

Thanks. cycle wizard just replied to a PM I sent him about this too:

There's no clearance issues with the FCR or 42 micky..

The fcr is a bit eeasier to take on and off than the micky but the micky is easier to ajust the pump and jet.

I am in the process of installing a FCR 41mm pumper carb from a 610 Husky on my XR650L. I needed to order a NEW intake adapter for the carb from Sudco just for the XR650L word of CAUTION. I now have the proper intake adapter for the carb/bike BUT it is 3/4 in shy of mating up with airboot. AND the NOSS adapter does not fit this. I tried. I scrounged up a piece of exahust pipe in just the right od and id measurements. I have an Acerbis tank and no fitment problems.,