Sign in to follow this  

My new 2011 WR450F

Hey fellas got a new wr450f october last year when i came back from my tour of duty in afghanistan. im over here in australia and thought id just show you a few photos of the bike and a few places i go riding.

i live in brisbane which is in qld and go riding up there a fair bit, ive also got a few photos of some riding down in victoria at my parents place which is about an hour away from the famous hattah desert race.

my old bike was a 2002 wr250f which was pretty much stock just with a few free mods but sold it back in 2007.

now i have a 2011 wr450f with the following mods

yzf throttle stop

grey wire mod

snorkel removed

twin air filter

gytr exhaust

jetting

15t/47t

fork bleeder valves

scotts steering dampner

aftermarket rear blinkers

where do you ride in brisbane north side or south side guessing your posted at enoggera ?

been to glass house, killarney and logan. but logan is pretty shit, good for 4wds tho.

and yeah posted to enoggera. where abouts do you ride?

Havnt had my bike too long but have a few spots one in petrie one at pinkenba and nudgee want to get up to glasshouse mountains but dont have a tow bar or trailer and its too far to ride too.

ohk never even heard of those places haha. but ive only had my dirtbike in brisbane since october so i havent been riding much at all.. well i go out most weekends and me and my mates have a facebook page and we just organise rides from there. but add me on facebook and should try go for a ride out to glass house one weekend. try find forsta_02@hotmail.com on facebook and it should be me

nice bike man, I wish they came street legal here in the states

cheers mate but why arnt they legal in america? im guessing you boys over there have some bullshit rules to abide by which is very unfortunate because the wr is my number 1 rated bike. reliable/ power / road registerable yeeeew

what enduro bikes are legal over there?

Nice I just bought a new 09 WR450f last month and love it,explain that snorkle deal I need to do that and remove the throttlt stop and grey wire I have done the jetting.

wowww very nice i have wanted one baddlyyyy for the last few weeks as u mention reliable, but powerful, anddddd road registerable yewww australiaaaaa one day. how muhc u pay? guessing about 12g?

ohk never even heard of those places haha. but ive only had my dirtbike in brisbane since october so i havent been riding much at all.. well i go out most weekends and me and my mates have a facebook page and we just organise rides from there. but add me on facebook and should try go for a ride out to glass house one weekend. try find forsta_02@hotmail.com on facebook and it should be me

Yeah i sent a freind request my names brendan cheers

wowww very nice i have wanted one baddlyyyy for the last few weeks as u mention reliable, but powerful, anddddd road registerable yewww australiaaaaa one day. how muhc u pay? guessing about 12g?

picked mine up for 11 grand brand new including the pressure washer and tent thing

well my old wr 250 would of done well over 10,000km with only 3 rebuilds so i dont think thats bad considering it wasnt the easiest 10,000km a bike can have.

the wr gets most of its power from the exhaust and tune thats for sure.. any other mods will only help a tiny tiny bit. but in saying that, they all do add up to make even more power.

Nice I just bought a new 09 WR450f last month and love it,explain that snorkle deal I need to do that and remove the throttlt stop and grey wire I have done the jetting.

the snorkel im assuming only makes it harder for dirt and water to get in. or/and its an airbox silencer. they are my assumtions and im putting mine back in because i dont see much of a benefit of removing it. the grey wire does something but no idea what and yeah you defiantly need the yzf throttlestop otherwise your only getting a quarter throttle to what you could have with the yzf one

picked mine up for 11 grand brand new including the pressure washer and tent thing

well my old wr 250 would of done well over 10,000km with only 3 rebuilds so i dont think thats bad considering it wasnt the easiest 10,000km a bike can have.

the wr gets most of its power from the exhaust and tune thats for sure.. any other mods will only help a tiny tiny bit. but in saying that, they all do add up to make even more power.

11k wow things are expensive down there I paid 5150.00 for mine new but is is an 09 it just had'nt sold yet.

11k wow things are expensive down there I paid 5150.00 for mine new but is is an 09 it just had'nt sold yet.

but im in australia mate so maybe thats why your a little shocked haha. 11 grand brand new was really good considering other people ive met have been paying around 12 grand and even more sometimes