Help Setting Up YZ125

yes... i need help im new to tt and i dont no how to post my own forums but im going to try and use urs to figure out my problem sry...anyways i have a 92 yz 125 with a nolaen exhaust and muffler and a nolean head but when i got it it had a bad power valve so i fixed tht and it still does same things.....on bottom if u floor it it just boggs out and berly accelerats .i know its a two stroke but it should still have more bottom end....i lowered the float lvl and it seemed to help slightly but i dont want to lean it out out to much i was woundering what u might suggest the problem is...if its in the jetting or wat???? and i cant seem to find the stock float lvl spec for it either

Stock for a '92 YZ125 is 20/J8-6EN15-56/330.

Bogs without firing are usually lean. To test for free,

turn your A/S in to 1/2 turn out and raise the needle (lower the clip)

two positions and retest. Make sure it's warmed up.

You can up the main/needle/PJ and fine tune the A/S later if it's better.

The 1/2 turn out is to help identify the lean condition.

hey i have a manual for my 91 yz 125 and i could tell you the stock float level if you wish..

care to post a pic??

yes if can post the stock lvl i would appreciate that...and to others i know tht it is not running to lean but its running to rich because of the ridiculus amount of smoke it produces and because of the sploog on the pipe always gets to be so much that it dripps on my rims and i have to clean em off after every ride:banghead:

If its a rediculous amount of smoke and the bike runs bad it could be a clutch side crank seal leaking tranny fluid into the crank. Drain and refill your tranny and then ride the bike and see if your level goes down. I would also re-pack your silencer if its that bad! Your packing has got to be saturated by now.

Either way, make sure you set everything to spec in the carb and go from there.

One tip on the smoke, smell it and see if it smells funny in comparison to someone elses bike that uses the same fuel/oil mix. That is a good indicator of a crank seal going bad. I have a CR480R that needs the crank seals replaced due to those symptoms!

Joe

Tranny fluid in my cylinder. That could be the trouble with my YZ80. I put my fingers in the exhaust port and the residue seemed ok but maybe I'm wrong. after a top end rebuild mine went sik for a day and now it's really bad takes like 20 kicks to start. It also blew sparks out the exhaust and blew the exhaust O ring out the silencer! I think it made a bang before it went bad but cant really remember. What would cause all this?

if it smokes alot its the left hand crank seal mine did the exact same thing we replaced it and it was perfect since no spooge down the silencer/out of the pipe

my manual says the stock float level is 15.2 - 17.2mm

hope this helps they are a really powerful bike when set up right ?:bonk: