Sign in to follow this  

What do yall put in your Camlebacks?

Just straight water for me.

I used to cramp bad around 50 miles into an enduro, Endurolytes completed cured any cramping for me. Plus you don't have to get anything sticky out of your pack.

20% grapefruit juice, 80% water. Nice balance of electrolytes and a bit of flavour....

If possible and I'm not camping I'll freeze it before the race.

GU is a great source of quick energy while on a ride. Salt tablets help with cramping, but of course so does drinking plenty of water.

+1 on the GU energy. There good for about a 2 hour energy burst plus they have ginger in them that helps calm your stomach. I use Smart water cause it has electrolytes in it and about half the recommended dose of cytomax or something similar. I found the required dose or more always made me feel sick. Just too sweet tasting for me. Sometimes i will splash some gatorade in there too to get the sodium count up.

The 2 salt packs from Mickey D's helps a lot too but dont try this with some sort of gatorade drink.

Stay away from the energy drinks. sugar is the enemy.

I used to use to fill it up with ice then top it off with water.... Mostly use that for recreational riding....

races I drink a bunch of water before and fill it up with poweraid or gatoraid.. Just wash it out the day of the race.. No problems...

We race triple digit heat and I have never used anything but pure H2O. I recently ditched the thing though because if it falls off on my shoulder at all, I start thinking about the pack instead of the trail. I thought of tying it onto my roost, but that's more weight slinging around further back. I just simply stopped wearing it and have been much happier.

We race triple digit heat and I have never used anything but pure H2O. I recently ditched the thing though because if it falls off on my shoulder at all, I start thinking about the pack instead of the trail. I thought of tying it onto my roost, but that's more weight slinging around further back. I just simply stopped wearing it and have been much happier.

I would die somewhere in the woods if I ditched mine

to solve mine moving around, it's permanently attached to my chest protector

Pure water. I don't like the sugar of a sports drink when I'm riding, even when diluted with water. Once it's diluted enough that sugar isn't a big deal, then it tastes too yucky to drink.

Fill your camelback half full of water, seal cap, inflate the bag through the drinking tube (clears the tube and makes it easier to fill) then freeze. The solid chunk of ice lasts a lot longer.

In the Tx summer (100+ degrees) I will add a 20 oz bottle of the G2 to my water. I just open the cap, remove the bite valve and flush it out with hot water when I get home.

Too hard to clean with anything but water. Water only in my hydro pack.

I carry Endurolytes and pop them periodically during long rides or races. They have been way more effective than any sports drink.

endurolytes are the greatest...i find myself only sipping water just to do it...

He fellas... I put a mix of flouride free water (just another toxin we can do without) I add a pinch of sea salt - the unwashed kin d as it has natural mineral content, a teaspoon of natural sugar (like the stuff the put in home brew beer) and some potassium phosphate...

Found the recipe on a sports high performance nutrition site. has all the naturally absorbed minerals we need to replace sweat and reduce stress on the old bod !!

I find any man made stuff gives my guts an ache :thumbsup:

Water only. You might need to wash out a wound or your eyes. Not sure but I don't think G-ade or Monster would help in that case. Then there is a radiator top off situation...

Smart water, same over-priced electrolyte content as the g-ades/p-ades but no sugar or phony fake sweetner. Also no cleanup problems.

Edited by Chaconne
spell fix

Vitalyte. The only problem I have with it is its so good I rock through 100ozs in 30 minutes. Regular water leaves my stomach feeling a little raw if I drink too much of it. Same goes for gatoraid. The vitalyte is the perfect inbetween and its exactly what you need.

for the 5 hour+ enduros we do over here i usually have water mixed with diarrhea medicine, lol , honest it really helps with stopping you getting dehydrated and is also magic with cramps too, honest to god thats what i use ha ha ha