Best 2-stroke for singletrack under $2000?

shoot for a bike MADE for offroad/trails first ( ktm exc,xc, or xcw ) or wr250,as well as gas gas and husky non MX models. a motocross bike will need $$ to set up for offroad so it can be comfortable and competitve.

Joe

You's right. It's a good thing the Mrs. don't see my invoices from Rocky Mountain. ?

• Like 1

find a 96 cr250. i have mine set up for single track, and it is wicked.

yz's are also awesome to set up for single track.

but, without two thoughts about it, the best way to go would be a husky,ktm or gasgas none MX modle like said above. they are diled right in for single track.

Based off of your budget, you will be buying used. Half the people selling their bikes, especially 2t's, already ride offroad/woods type riding. Chances are, you will have no problems finding a bike that is already set up for single track riding and will not have any more expenses in setting up an MX bike. Just find the bike in the best shape that you feel the most comfortable on, that fits into your budget.

Maybe I'm a little bit different but I didn't care for the older KTM ~2000 area bikes. I.E. the ones you can actually find for $2000 or under. The suspension was crappy especially the shock, the bikes didn't turn well at all, the clutch master was overly large with a stiff pull and the 200 weighted about 215lb dry which is near the same as a mx 250. They also had the most horrible airbox of any bike I've owned. It was completely dirty after every ride.

I dont ktm's older than around 2004 the suspension was not that great

if revalved they are fine though, but same goes for MX bikes

Some things are hard to fix on a mx bike though, power delivery, gearing and gear spread

I know you couldn't find a KTM200 worth a damn around here for under $2000. Why has nobody mentioned a KDX? Can probably find a really low hour kdx200 for about that price.

Oh, because he said "at least 250cc". Well, you can't always get what you want!

KDX would be hit and miss for me if the budget was $2000. If it was half that then top choice easily. I just feel you can get a better bike for that kind of money regardless of the motor size. I will say they have a comfy seat though. =]