2003 exc 450

I have a 03 EXC 450 (titled). The guy before me put on an over-sized tank from a MXC (I believe). Incidentally there is a gap between the tank and the seat. Is there something I can do to adjust this with out getting a new tank?

Thanks for all your help in advance.

• 1 month later...

I broke my cheap mirror so decided to get some new ones.

After looking at a few different types I decided to go with the cheap 15$ ones from MSR. I ordered a left and a right but when I got them I found that the right should be on the left and vice verse.

Here are some pix.

If you see the old mirror on the right it hits the handlebars and doesn't come out as far, so when looking into it all you see is your shoulder. The one on the left is the new one that actually goes on the right side.

IMG_0934.jpg

Both sides switched

IMG_0936.jpg

I moved things around to make it work a little better.

IMG_0938.jpg

Overall a good product... satisfied with how they look and work. And for 15-20 bones I can buy 5-6 for the price of some of the other ones I was looking at.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I thought I shared this already, but I couldn't find it here so I will post it again.

I wanted a rack I can throw on some fairly heavy gear, but they were very expensive... So I decided to custom weld my own. Here is the process and the finished product.

b18cc931.jpg

c9f9d640.jpg

f04d651a.jpg

All tacked up...

aa7bfb6c.jpg

Put on blinker protectors!!?

cb23f74e.jpg

Welding it all together!

46b94932.jpg

Painted and on.

08cbb786.jpg

cca34d0a.jpg

bb76b1f6.jpg

X2.

What's the capacity of that tank?

Big... lol, not 100% but I can go about 150-170 miles on it. so probably a 3-3.5 gal tank or so. If that makes sense.

The corners are good to go! thanks for your concerns though!?

That looks like the KTM 13L (Liter) tank. If so, it's the same one I've got on my 400. It's supposed to be 3.4 gal but I think it's actually less. I hit reserve at about 85 miles.

I know the previous owner said its off another bike and that's why cosmetically the seat doesn't fit.