I called XR’s Only

Anyone that emails w/ regards to orders or questions needs to expect a lag. I always call as my call gets handled as they really can't avoid a ringing phone. An email can lag and lag for days unanswered. Same thing goes for the workplace here. It's the "I'll get to it when I get to it attitude"....

True, and I agree.

But 3 months and counting? that is a bit extreme in the lag department, a week or two I was expecting. This is a bit much.

I gave a benefit of doubt, and re-sent the email after a month or so, then again after another lengthy wait. So far, no response. Ricky Stator responded quickly, and with more info than i requested. If I chose to get the parts I was inquiring about, they will get my $, not Baja Designs.

Not everyone has a work schedule that allows them to call during normal business hours, so for those of us on rotating shifts, email is the best option. I consider it formal correspondence, The law considers it formal, I believe they should also. ?

I am not speaking against BajaDesigns, I have ordered from them in the past, and likely will again. It's just in this instance they saw fit to not respond to my repeated requests for information regarding one of their products, so I can therefor not be certain it will do what I want, as a result of lack of information from them, my money for this future transaction will go elsewhere.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC www.rockymountainatv.com I've had awesome experience's with my numerous purchase's.

For example I received about 6 orders with no issues and very prompt service...the last order was missing (of all things) some gloves.....so I called and right away they said "oh shoot were terribly sorry...Let me check out inventory and I'll get them out right away"

About 3 minutes later they called back and apologized again. and said it would be to me ASAP This was at about 4:45 PM on a Thurs. Sat. morning my gloves and some stickers were waiting on my porch...at no charge ?

Later that day they called to see if I received my gloves and checked if I was happy with my latest order ?

I would suggest to anyone who wants to have great service and advice especially regarding the xr 650r is to go to Barnumspro.com or call Rob Barnum at 760-868-8097. You will be stoked on the knowledge and personal attention that you will receive. Rob has everything for builing your xr to be whatever kind of beast you want. He has the best deals on the edelbrock carb, custom Barnum exhaust system..............................and so on. Just call him and you will be stoked. ?

Hello,

I work at xr's only and I recall the order this man is talking about. And that is not how the story goes. We did tell him that we had the spring on the shelf and we sould send it to him. We 2 orders that day for the same part and one person didnt get there order. He called and he was not told "to bad thats how it goes" He was told sorry for the problem when we get the spring we will next day air it to you if you would still like it. He was not very understanding and didnt want to hear about it said that he was going to post on this site to make things bad for us. So hear we are. We do not trear our customers like that and never have. We value our customers that we have and make sure that they are treated good. We do a lot of orders everyday and yes we do make some mistakes but we make sure that we fix them.Example: A guy called us that had his motor built hear a few month ago, big motor race motor.The thing blows up and he calls us to tell us what happend. We told him hey send it down and if it was our fault we will fix it for free. Turns out the thing was ran low on oil and we still gave the guy big dicounts and some free parts to get him back on the track. I would say thats pretty good customer service. Thanks for reading my post. Roost on

It's nice that you at least tried to defend yourself but I too have had a lousy experience with the company you work for and the people that I dealt with, a women and then a man, really didn't care that your company lied and told me they shipped my order when they didn't. They then told me the reason the order didn't ship was one of the parts was out of stock. I said ship the order without this part and waited again. After two weeks I called again and I was then told that the order shipped and when a pushed to make sure and get a tracking number, I was then told the order did not ship.

So, you can defend yourself all you want but you guys are screwed up. It's so obvious from this and other boards. It's obvious when you talk to people at the races. I don't know if you don't care or are just arrogant and this arrogance trickles down through the employees but I don't need you.

There's nothing you do at XR's only that can't be duplicated elswhere so these are the people I deal with...the people who want my business.

I wish I read this thread before I ordered a sticker kit for my BRP tank and radiator, first it was PayPals fault, then after they had my CC # they STILL didn't send the kit, I called again, emailed them twice and I still don't have it. I'm not calling a third time, I'm going to Baja Designs in the future. When i did call I got put on hold for 5 minutes or accidently(?) hung up on. How is this company still in business?!!!! ?

not to psyced on xrs only...two out of three parts they sent me were for the wrong bike..and I told the guy XR650L at least 5 times...They were also supossed to call me to set up a wholesale account-TWICE)i am a motorcycle dealer)...never got a call...

Last time I will do business with them

When you piss off consumers and dealers you are headed down the wrong path---Even the guy on the phone sucks to deal with ??

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC www.rockymountainatv.com I've had awesome experience's with my numerous purchase's.

For example I received about 6 orders with no issues and very prompt service...the last order was missing (of all things) some gloves.....so I called and right away they said "oh shoot were terribly sorry...Let me check out inventory and I'll get them out right away"

About 3 minutes later they called back and apologized again. and said it would be to me ASAP This was at about 4:45 PM on a Thurs. Sat. morning my gloves and some stickers were waiting on my porch...at no charge :confused:

Later that day they called to see if I received my gloves and checked if I was happy with my latest order ?

YES! ?:bonk:

when it,s time to deal with xr,s only i make a three hour round trip to their shop personally so i can get the goods first hand .iv,e gotten good results this way but they weren't the friendliest bunch to deal with . i use them only when i need the parts now !!!!!! good luck

I am not speaking against BajaDesigns, I have ordered from them in the past, and likely will again. It's just in this instance they saw fit to not respond to my repeated requests for information regarding one of their products, so I can therefor not be certain it will do what I want, as a result of lack of information from them, my money for this future transaction will go elsewhere.

A guy off the group had his shock rebiult by Baja Designs and the nut was not put on right, it came off while he was riding and the shock came apart. Broke his neck, screwed him up real bad. Surgery's, the hell his family went through. Not cool at all. Without a dout it was the mechanic's fault. I have the shock and parts here.

I had problems similar to the ones mentioned in this thread and that was over 3 years ago. I have never ordered from them again. I ordered a skid plate for my friends XR650R. He wanted the plate that used the stock screw holes to hold it in position. They said they had it in stock. At the time I ordered several other parts for my friend. When he got them it was the wrong skid plate. It was the one held on by the clamps. I do not remember the other parts I ordered but only one out of the three parts was correct. The other part was the wrong color.

I don't remember all the details now but I do remember calling them and asking why we had not received the parts. He told me they were on back order. That is not what he said when I ordered them. Wrong parts, slow service and as far as I am concerned I was lied to.

XROnly is not the only company that I have had trouble with like this. I have dealt with other companies which tell you they have something when they don't. When you call back on it they not only have put it on back order but they have already charged your credit card. Talk about nerve.

Like so many other's have stated Baja Designs is a customer oriented company that I have done a lot of business with. Also Rocky Mountain has always been good about telling me they would have to backorder before I order the part. I like honesty and so I give them a lot of business also. From what everyone is saying about Rob B., I will not hesitate giving him a try also.

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered a countershaft sproket and cover. Ordered it from XR's only on the 11th. Paid 16.00 for two day shipping and today it the 17th and I still have not received. I got e-mailed an invoice on the 11th saying the status of my order was shipped. I called them today the 17th and they are looking into it. I just got off the phone with them and thy tell me "We have the parts right here I don't know why we didn't send them. We will ship out today".

This is kind of a late reply but have to let you know, I ordered a complete exhaust system from xr's only, and asked if it was in stock, they indeed told me it was in stock, and I should have it within 5 days, 3 weeks later I have to call again, they told me the shipping guy was out to lunch, it was 4:30 PM, and they close at 5, lunch?, and to call back, I called every 10 minutes untill I finally talked to him, he promised me it would be in within the next 2 days and the guys that take phone orders regulary tell people, like me, "its in stock" when in fact they know it's not, at that point I did get my pipe 3 days later, I was going to order lots more from xr's only but not now. ?

I ordered from them a few weeks back,they told me all items were in stock and they would go out the next day.After about 5 days and no tracking # or email, I called and the items had not shipped yet. They told me the internet sales person was not there yet,and to call back.I called back an hour later,and still no internet sales weenie. ?.I got pissed and through some miracle they shipped the next day(even though after I got mad they said that they would get them out that same day).I would not recommend them.I took someones advice on this site and I ordered some other stuff through Rocky Mountain ATV,and they rock.Shipped the next day,email sent with tracking number,just the way it should be...... ?

Interesting thread ?

We got one guy who is pissed off he did not get what he wanted when he wanted so hes bagging a company, who employs people who have kids etc.

The company says he did these things and he said he didn't as he is a man of god.

Wonder what he thinks of men who are not of god?

The company got on here and said there piece of what happened and the guy said it was lies.

Who to believe? Who cares really?

Maybe this man is prefect in every way or he just needs to mello a bit.

The senario is we never can keep everyone happy and some people always seem to attract drama as they go look for it. ?

:confused:

hi, i'm darren from temecula motorsports, and i'd like to personally thank everyone that comes into my work and pays their hard earned cash on products that we sell...if it wasnt for the consumer, the shop wouldnt be what it is today, and i'm thankful for that...by the way, we're having a big sale soon, call us for details! and as a side note to everyone wanting a deal on parts, honestly, the shop has to make money for me to be there to help you, so we dont like giving discounts to just anyone, BUT, we will price match any other dealership (no mail order companies)...if its more than 50 bucks, bring in written proof of the deal another shop has and we will gladly match it...and again, to the customer, thanks a lot!

darren hill

951-698-4123

Crap, Just bought a 10.5 kg spring from XR'sOnly. I guess I should've read this thread before doing that. I got the same "the guy that knows if it's in stock won't be here until 5pm". I thought it was a little strange that it automatically made me use PayPal. I have an account so I went ahead with it, but will now have to wait 3-4 business days for my "echeck" to clear. Why won't I ever learn!!??

Nice post Darrin. Glad somebody is learning something from this post.

I agree w/ whoever said Rocky Mountain rocks. I've placed 3 orders so far with them and everything has been exactly what I ordered, in stock and on time. I guess I'll be calling XR'sOnly the next few days.... My shock is off the bike and it's like 70 degrees out!! ?