Idaho City 100? Anyone?

Did the 100 a few years back, lots of fun especially if you do both days. Very well run and seeing the factory teams is cool. BRR has four different loops they alternate each year which helps the trails to recover. It fills up fast, so go for it!

Jeff

it is not a qualifier this year so little to no pros / factory teams I'm guessing.

Well, you already signed up, so my input won't be helpful, but it's my favorite event. I've raced both days every year for the last 7-8 except for the year i broke my leg the week before. It's quite a bit more technically challenging than a Sidra race (but what isn't, lol), but not so hard that decent riders can't finish it.

Mark, you Sidra basher!!!! :ride:

idaho city is only as hard as you make it!!! just like any other race....

if you actually apply yourself! any race is hard....

idaho city becomes hard when they set the times too fast and force you to ride over your comfort level!! or when its 100 degrees outside and your body cant consume enough water to overcome the seweat going out!!! or when it rains so much the rutts are 3' deep and you might end up in one that you cant get out of!! all of which can be avoided if you slow down!!!! but then there comes those times that are set too fast and you cant!!!! its a double edged sword!!!!! :cheers:

Mark, you Sidra basher!!!! :ride:

?

No way man, I love sidra. It provides a great opportunity for me work on the kind of riding that I am not very good at. It's exactly what I need, plus the people are the best. :cheers:

However, idaho city provides a great opportunity for me to race on the kind of terrain I enjoy more and do somewhat better at, and these days you get to ride trails you wouldn't ordinarily be able to legally ride. Yay for that.

your going to kill me when I say this But I would love to do a timed race at blacks creek! one guy per minute, I know I know,, thats the tvtma playground!! but i thought it would be fun and challenging and not anything we have ever seen here before... what are your thoughts??

Edited by Bell Racing

your going to kill me when I say this But I would love to do a timed race at blacks creek! one guy per minute, I know I know,, thats the tvtma background!! but i thought it would be fun and challenging and not anything we have ever seen here before... what are your thoughts??

That would be soooooo awesome! :cheers:

Even a hare scramble type event on a ten mile loop would be really cool.

Yup, rider number 11 here. If there is anyone in the North Idaho area looking to save money getting down there, my friend and I are hauling a big old toy hauler down and have room for a couple more.

Where are you leaving from. Moscow here.

your going to kill me when I say this But I would love to do a timed race at blacks creek! one guy per minute, I know I know,, thats the tvtma playground!! but i thought it would be fun and challenging and not anything we have ever seen here before... what are your thoughts??

I ride there twice a year (since we do a big work weekend there every spring) whether i need it or not. That would be a real desert race. Plenty of whoops and a few technical sections.

i wonder who i would talk to, state/ blm....

no one hs ever attempted to do anything there that i know of.

if it was all still single track I wouldnt say yea go for it but now that its mostly 4-wheeler trails, there is more room for error....

Well, Forest Service is who we have done the work for/with on the TVTMA work days I have done. Mountain Home Ranger District I believe.

correct, it is usfs land managed by the mtn home ranger district. In general 'races' are kinda iffy on usfs land, but enduros like china hat or idaho city are cool. It's possible that being an official ohv area might change that and make it easier to put on an actual 'race'.

Idaho City is just plain awesome! Here are some vids:

2009: http://www.vimeo.com/5136740

2010: http://www.youtube.com/user/FbNathanael?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/iAXqvdOtN_k

I'm working on a much longer version of 2010's - a documentary style video that will be around 30 minutes or more. 'bout halfway done I reckon. Maybe I can finish it this week and upload it this weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

Idaho City is a LONG race. I did it last year in the "mud bog" (it rained 3 inches in the two days prior to the event and the ground was already saturated). I think the best way to describe it if you are just a casual rider is that you can't wait to get done with the last 20 miles or so, but a couple days later you realize it was the funnest race you have ever done. There were mud holes last year that could swallow you AND your bike whole, but you quickly found better ways of getting around them. It's a very well organized event and alot of fun to ride in some of the most beautiful country around (that you can ride a motorcycle on anyway). I'm doing this years race and I got in as number 5, so without the pros there, it will be nice to be up in the front with far fewer DEEP ruts. I hope to see you all there! Can't wait to race! ?:ride: