Gordons Well

Well I've never been to just the dunes before, although I have hill climbed the mega dune out at Superstition and some other mixed desert areas on a cheapo korean dual sport tire before with some success.

Do you know if there's enough hard pack around the area to make the paddle tire a PITA? Or is it pretty much just fine sand dunes?

I used to live in Yuma so I rode there quite a few times. Personally, I never went without a paddle, It's just sooooooo much fun to hook up like that, well worth the $80, especially if your gonna hit the sand drags (a must-see).

I do see people out there without paddels, but only for a split second before I slingshot past them :cheers:. Paddle or no, just go have a good time, do that and you're winning like Sheen.

Oh yeah, be careful out there, A LOT of drunken idiots, can really ruin your day.

The conditions were amazing. I was really surprised. The weather was perfect and the sand was excellent. I had a good time and ended up running an 8 paddle Kings Turbo Paddle with good results. But I feel like its easier to drift the bike on knobbies.