Sign in to follow this  

ISDE vs Champions Edition

not much that i know of, my buddy has the 450 champ edition and i have the 530 6day edition, i think his came with orange anodized front brake res. cover and hydro clutch handle cover and 4 less horsepower.....oh and red bull graphics....but not much else that i can think of there basically the same bike same weight, just a 4 hp difference

Thanks, all I could see was the difference in graphics. If you think of anything else let me know. Looks like I'm getting a used Champions 450 but i see way more 2010 ISDE left overs by dealers than Champions...actually I don't see any left over Champions.

Make sure you check the difference with someone knowledgeable - from what I understand these bikes use different frames, motor sits different in Six days and these are two completely different set ups. That is what I was told when I was looking to purchase - I have a 11 530 Six days....

Good luck on your search!

Speaking for what I've heard/read not experienced first hand.

2010 Champion is supposed to be 2009 Factory Left over with some added factory *bling* I just bought a 450XCW Champ about 2 weeks ago.

Six Days has some updated parts for '10 (aka frame, piston rings) a coolant fan, and different graphics. There are more updated parts, but I don't know them all.

I was told by the Factory Rep. that the Champions Edition had the 2010 engine improvements but he was unsure about the frame and air box design. This makes sense since the web site listed these changes for the rest of the 2010 EXC series. One thing I noticed though, is that the KTM radiator braces will not work with the 2010 EXC CE (nor will the 2009 & prior air filters fit). I tried to install the braces and they will not fit and this leads me to think that some changes may have been made to this frame compared to earlier models.

I know these issues are supposedly settled but I wanted to report on what I've experienced with my bike.

Hey Super Dave - thanks for the link but the specs referred to in the KTM Talk post from FunMart Cycle are no longer available. I'm certainly not out to make the Champions Edition something it's not but as per my post there seem to be differences in parts between 2009 and these models. My experience is that it is not just a gussied up 2009 and I also base that on what I reported from the KTM factory rep. Even if I'm wrong the EXC is a great dual sport and I love riding it. Although the break in issues have been a hassle as I have reported in various posts the issues I've had with fuel tanks/carb, overheating, gearing, etc..

We are planning on visiting your fine state this summer and do some riding at Moab - friends report that it is a fantastic experience. All the best.

I used to live in Iowa, Spirit Lake so I can say this in jest:thumbsup:

IAoffroader, that's a oxymoron :smirk:

sorry couldn't help myself:ride:

2010 CE has the 2009 frame and suspension, the rest I dont know for sure, but I had all 3 parked parked side by side when I bought mine and the frames are different for sure

my google search turned up this

2010 KTM 530 EXC Champions Edition (Street Legal)

» The year 2009 is the 35th anniversary of KTM´s first World Championship title won by G. Moiseev back in 1974.

Limited Edition Kini Red Bull Graphics

$400 KTM PowerWear Certificate

Headlight and Tail Light

Quick Release Plastic Skid Plate

Fork Bleeder Valves

Rear Brake Retaining Pin

Front Axle Pull

Billet Fuel Cap

Orange Anodized Oil Filter Cover, Clutch & Front/Rear Brake Master Cylinder Cover

These models have 2010 VIN numbers

2010 KTM 530 EXC Enduro (Street Legal)

» New Frame Design

Same improvements as the 450 SX-F

Frame is welded to the steering head 10mm lower than 2009

Rotates the frame and engine forward slightly lowering the tank and seating position

Improves the weight balance, provides less deflection on the front end, better control of front wheel, lighter feeling

New lower handlebar works in conjunction with the new frame

» New Brembo Front Brake Caliper

2009 SX floating 2-piston caliper with new brake master cylinder

New TOYO B153 brake pads

Improved brake performance, less lever force, more progressive feel

» Modified Air Box With New Design TwinAir Filter

Improved air filter protection

New shape in the front to reduce dirt or water collection and a slight wall in the back to avoid water coming into the filter

New TwinAir Filter designed for the new airbox

» New Suspension Valving

PDS with new needle design

Similar needle as SX/XC from 2009 – provides damping slightly earlier for more progressive feel through the stroke

» New DID 520 VT2 T-Ring Chain instead of Regina

D.I.D.'s 520VT chain is the latest technological breakthrough in sealed chain design.

This narrow T-Ring chain is designed for Enduro racing motorcycles that can not accommodate a wider X-Ring chain due to clearance limitations.

Improved durability, less friction

8440 Lbs. Tensile Strength

» New Lighter EXCEL Rims

100 g lighter for less unsprung weight

» New Renthal Hand Grips

Dual compound, tapered design

» Engine Reinforcements and Improvements

Reinforced gear box (1,2,5,6 idler gears) for improved durability

Reworked chain adjuster & clamping rail for better tension on timing chain, noise reduction

New camshaft timing for smoother power delivery, improved rideability, optimized power band

New ignition timing for better combustion and performance

2010 KTM 530 XC-W Six Days, all above plus the following

» The 450 & 530 XC-W Six Days Edition commemorates KTMs dominance in the International Six Days Events

Limited Edition Portugal Six Days Graphics

Headlight and Tail Light

Quick Release Plastic Skid Plate

Fork Bleeder Valves

Seat Including Race Logo and Card Holder

Machined Triple Clamps

Handlebar Protector (Bar Pad)

Rear Brake Retaining Pin

Front Axle Puller

Radiator Cooling Fan

Stealth Rear Sprocket - Orange

Black Fuel Tank

Hand Guards

http://www.dirtbikemagazine.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=EF3A97F810C64882B98A68ED0CDE62FB

http://www.dirtrider.com/reviews/dirt_bike/141_0908_2010_ktm_xc_450_xcw_isde_edition_two_strokes/ktm_450_xcw_isde.html

We have plenty of off-road riding in Iowa, if you count farm fields :-). I should have moved west many years ago, not going to happen now unfortunately. Looking forward to visiting the fine state of Utah later this summer.

I guess I'm stuck with the bike nobody respects but I love it anyway. If I put the Six Days stickers on it will that help the handling?

...not sure if the KTMs have the Spec ISDE tires or not...but you don't want them!

cheers