efi improvements for 2011 txc250?

Is the efi any better for the 2011 txc 250? Was hoping they would have it sorted this year as I really wanted one. From what I have heard it is the same as the 2010s.

Is ther any way to get them up to jap 250 standards or should I just go get a a new RMZ250 and set it up for the woods?

lucky

What are the actual differences between the 2010 and 2011 txc250?

Maybe I should just get a te310 and remove the lights. How much heavier is it than the txc?

Lucky

The '11 TE310 is only going to be very marginally heavier then a '11 TXC250 once the lights/horn/switches are removed and offroad only rear fender installed. The wiring harness difference between the two can't be more then 2lbs including the ignition switch assembly. Other then that it's all the same.

I could use a TE wiring harness for my soon to be girlfriend's TXC250, wanna trade? :cheers:

The Jap bikes will not handle like the Husky. .

Have you rode a 2010-2011 RMZ? They handle amazing.

Sadly, I don't think the Mikuni EFI will ever be up to the accuracy and ease-of-use as the Keihin setup is. The 449/511 use the same basic Kehin setup as all the Jap bikes, and as Ride can attest, it is superior. They really should use it on everything. It was a BLUNDER to spec Mikuni EFI, just as the Mikuni TMR38-40 on the 04 4t's was a blunder. At least then they recognized it and went keihin in '05. There is probably some type of supplier contract in affect preventing the switch??

That being said, it isn't hopeless, and if I really wanted the Husky I wouldn't let it change my mind. It can be set up to work fine, it just takes some jagging.

Sadly, I don't think the Mikuni EFI will ever be up to the accuracy and ease-of-use as the Keihin setup is. The 449/511 use the same basic Kehin setup as all the Jap bikes, and as Ride can attest, it is superior. They really should use it on everything. It was a BLUNDER to spec Mikuni EFI, just as the Mikuni TMR38-40 on the 04 4t's was a blunder. At least then they recognized it and went keihin in '05. There is probably some type of supplier contract in affect preventing the switch??

That being said, it isn't hopeless, and if I really wanted the Husky I wouldn't let it change my mind. It can be set up to work fine, it just takes some jagging.

Jagging as in Ibeat?

Nope not a 2010-11 and I never lead to inferior handling just not a "Husky" handling. Euro bikes have always handled different to Jap bikes,,, well up until KTM sold out the mx line. Locally RMZ don't sell and and the history of durablity is not as good as the others. However they are great bikes just not my choice of the group. My next bike will have EFI keihin!

In another thread there is talk of the power commander V. Has anyone actually rode the TXC250 with one and what did you think?

Lucky

I rode a '10 Te250 with a PC and it ran very clean....better than my i-beated stocker.

The JD jetting programmer is only $209 and allows on bike adjustments and is said to work very well on this bike.

Which is user-friendly, but can't compare or compete with the tunability or final-map accuracy of a PCv with autotune. You DO get what you pay for in this instance. But the JD tuner can fix glaring flaws.

Which is user-friendly, but can't compare or compete with the tunability or final-map accuracy of a PCv with autotune. You DO get what you pay for in this instance. But the JD tuner can fix glaring flaws.

buddy Greg with the JD thing said it works great on his 2010 TXC250. He is a happy camper. The PCv with autotune is like 3 times the cost no?