If you think Ralph Sheheen sucks.......

I don't understand all the "Ralph Sheheen is terrible" comments. I think he does a pretty good job and it works for me.

If you think Ralph Sheheen sucks, do this: Take the film of the race, do a voiceover yourself, and post it on the web within 24 hours of the race. My guess is that we'll all decide that, regardless of whether Ralph Sheheen sucks, YOU are worse.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand all the "Ralph Sheheen is terrible" comments. I think he does a pretty good job and it works for me.

If you think Ralph Sheheen sucks, do this: Take the film of the race, do a voiceover yourself, and post it on the web within 24 hours of the race. My guess is that we'll all decide that, regardless of whether Ralph Sheheen sucks, YOU are worse.

Heeeey...... Is this Ralph?!?! :cheers:

You know shaheen calls a good race, his voice just isnt as good as some of the other race guys. Some of the guys in nascar, nhra and hockey, are really cool to listen to. Chick Hearn doing an mx race would have been awesome.

The problem with Shaheen is that he thinks he can comment on the drama and action of the track and its riders, but when he does, he comes off like an idiot.

There are two parts of a TV commentary tandem. The Business (mentioning sponsors, handling the TV time and segueys SP) and then the color commentary.

Shaheen tries to start talking color instead of doing what he should be doing.

You don't hear Marv Albert trying to talk about what a team is trying to do after a timeout, because he knows better.

Shaheen is a level 4 Goob.

Well what bugged me was during the Dallas race, he said Reed was running a 100% production bike and that Stewart was on a some what privateer team. Stewart is pretty much on the factory Yamaha team and I know that Reed has some factory parts from Honda, i'm thinking at least a transmission?

My problem with Shaheen is he keeps messing up facts about the riders or the race. It's gotten to where I can't trust something he says. What's up with comments about Dallas being the first SX that Malcom Stewart would finish? Did Wharton go down twice in his heat? I don't recall him doing so, but Shaheen said he did.

I haven't even seen the SX coverage yet, I am sure he blows some facts there too.

My problem with Shaheen is he keeps messing up facts about the riders or the race. It's gotten to where I can't trust something he says. What's up with comments about Dallas being the first SX that Malcom Stewart would finish? Did Wharton go down twice in his heat? I don't recall him doing so, but Shaheen said he did.

I haven't even seen the SX coverage yet, I am sure he blows some facts there too.

My problem with Shaheen is he keeps messing up facts about the riders or the race. It's gotten to where I can't trust something he says.

This is my issue with Shaheen, as well.

Generally, I think he does okay, but then he comes out with off-the-wall stuff that is flat nonsense. A perfect example was his comment on Reed's bike being "100% production". C'mon on Ralph. Surely you don't believe that, do you?

Nevertheless, he was insistent this was the case. The lay person might think they could run down to their local Honda shop and purchase a Chad Reed replica, which actually would be a bone stock CRF450, minus the advertising decals. In this case, maybe Shaheen is on Honda's payroll.

If this was a one time event, it would be no big deal. Unfortunately, there is not a broadcast that goes by that we don't hear a bunch of these types of comments coming from his mouth.

On another note, when (if) they get around to hiring some new commentators, can they please get people who can speak proper English. Emig and RC are awful. They can't get their tenses right. It's apparent they probably never bothered to finish high school, or if they did, they were out riding instead of attending classes. It's embarrassing.

This is my issue with Shaheen, as well.

In this case, maybe Shaheen is on Honda's payroll.

That's not possible. We all know he's on Bubba's payroll. Just look at this weeks coverage. Big deal about Bubba buying tacos and no mention of his being arrested. :cheers:

LOL, That was kinda funny though! "Malcom is on his way to finishing his first main event!!"

Then later he tried to correct it by "Well, he has finished several, just not in the last couple weeks"