Sign in to follow this  

Washington Mattawa Saturday 4/2/2011

Jay and I did a short ride at Mattawa this Saturday. We showed up late in the morning and we were the only ones there. I told Jay there was an event going on which is why we had the place to ourselves. Before we had finished gearing up Joe and Ceasar showed up. Although we did not ride together we did run into each in the most technical of the ravines and sat around talking for a while. The sun was out but the wind was whipping up pretty good, even in the ravine.

Nice seeing you Joe, who's dat:

1238917379_BZTFF-XL.jpg

Jay and I had worked our way down to the lower end of the ravine and were talking when Joe and Ceasar came down the hills in this picture of Jay looking at the Dandelions:

1238917486_sqYcK-XL.jpg

From this same location we could see the city of Mattawa through the hills of the ravine:

1238917363_7X4af-XL.jpg

All in all it was a nice ride. :cheers:

I was surprised that so few people were out there to have some fun in the SUN, especially this close to the D100. Very good to see you Nick, and Jay and look to get some riding in with ya' this season.

Joe

The north end of the trail seeded to be busy though. Bumped into a group of Dust Dodgers and another group. It was windy where we were....

TONY

we rode there the weekend before (Dirty Poker Run weekend) saw quite a few groups on Sunday.. not surprising though.. as a lot of folks had the same idea we did.. i.e. ride the event up the road on Saturday, then ride the Mtns on Sunday.. was a good ride, but was cut short and I want to go back soon (probably this weekend whilst everyone else is up at the Dez 100)..

we had a dilly of a time on one of those ravines though.. the one closest to the staging area on R Road (heading West along the fence line). The one with all the whoops at the lower end.. we were riding up the ravine, and came to that rock waterfall area.. and it had been lightly raining so those rocks were pretty slick.. Bill and I had brand new knobbies, and they were NOT the right tires for trying to ride up that section.. hehe I took the wrong line and spun out but was lucky to be next to the canyon wall so didn't drop it..

we rode there the weekend before (Dirty Poker Run weekend) saw quite a few groups on Sunday.. not surprising though.. as a lot of folks had the same idea we did.. ride the event up the road on Saturday, then ride the Mtns on Sunday.. good ride, but was cut short and want to go back soon (probably this weekend whilst everyone else is up at the Dez 100)..

we had a dilly of a time on one of those ravines though.. the one closest to the staging area on R Road. The one with all the whoops at the lower end.. we were riding up the ravine, and came to that rock waterfall area.. and it had been lightly raining so those rocks were pretty slick.. Bill and I had brand new knobbies, and they were NOT the right tires for trying to ride up that section.. hehe (I got video of Bill attempting, but don't want to humiliate him in public ;^)

That can be slippery when wet. Our trials tires have had no problem with it this season. How goes it Rob?

goes well Nick.. yeah, I normally run a trials tire on my trail bikes all year.. but thought I would give the Dunlop Geomax's a try on the new bike.. you can run them with really low pressure (well, low for me.. about 12lbs in the rear, 14lbs in the front) .. but even at that low PSI, nothing beats a nice sticky 803 or MT 43