2011 exhaust

Was going to use the stock exhaust and install the pro moto billet endo spark arrestor and end cap... But had some issues on the install and/or instructions were not good so not going to work. Basically cut the inner core to short and isn't going to work. Rather then spend $100 bucks for the inner core thinking about getting a slip on.

So, my question is. What slip on for the 2011? Had MRD on the 07 X. Nice pipe but had issues with the spark arrestor coming out.

Debating between the FMF titanium power core or pro circuit t-4.

It has to have a spark arrestor and would prefer the ability to remove the spark arrestor easily for races that don't require. Sound, I like the stock sound and really don't want a super loud pipe. Yoshi looks bad@ss but the reviews say over 100db and that's too loud.

so ended up putting the steel slip on FMF Q4 pipe on with spark arrestor. Opted for the steel version over the titanium due to price and local dealer said the titanium would dent easily.

First ride down the block from the house I was a little dissapointed. Pipe is a few inches (2-3 inches) longer then the stock pipe. I liked how the stock pipe fit behind the side plate. New pipe sticks out a little bit farther. Sound is medium. Not quiet but not loud. On the initial test bike would bog when you would give it throttle. But... took it out for the first full ride yesterday. Bike ran great. Once I got it warmed up in a real riding situation there was zero bog. Bottomed the bike out on two big hits and no dents from the rear brake caliper.

So... only one ride but pipe is running very well. Ran with the spark arrestor and didn't notice any power loss from the stock pipe. Wouldn't say that it gained any power though. Overall, happy

I just put a Q4 on my 250f. I wasn't looking for performance, just needed a sparky to ride with the kids on trails once in a while. I was worried that it would rob a little power, but I just rode it this past weekend, and it's great. definitely quieter too (good for everyone)

So far, I have to agree with the OP. Good pipe!

Was going to use the stock exhaust and install the pro moto billet endo spark arrestor and end cap... But had some issues on the install and/or instructions were not good so not going to work. Basically cut the inner core to short and isn't going to work. Rather then spend $100 bucks for the inner core thinking about getting a slip on.

So, my question is. What slip on for the 2011? Had MRD on the 07 X. Nice pipe but had issues with the spark arrestor coming out.

Debating between the FMF titanium power core or pro circuit t-4.

It has to have a spark arrestor and would prefer the ability to remove the spark arrestor easily for races that don't require. Sound, I like the stock sound and really don't want a super loud pipe. Yoshi looks bad@ss but the reviews say over 100db and that's too loud.

I have a full Yoshimura Stainless system, header and silencer that has 1.8 hours it. I purchased the system from Motosport and installed it on my 2011 which I sold, going back to KTM. PM me if you are interested in buying for $400 firm, includes shipping.

I have a full Yoshimura Stainless system, header and silencer that has 1.8 hours it. I purchased the system from Motosport and installed it on my 2011 which I sold, going back to KTM. PM me if you are interested in buying for $400 firm, includes shipping.

There is a good chance I'm getting an 11' this week. If I do I'll take it.

I gotta ask though why you selling your bike? This is going to be my first thumper ive had two strokes my whole life.

There is a good chance I'm getting an 11' this week. If I do I'll take it.

I gotta ask though why you selling your bike? This is going to be my first thumper ive had two strokes my whole life.

I rode 2-strokes as a kid and only started riding again about 4 years ago (40 now) When i got back into it, everything was about 4 strokes and the "controllable power" slogan really appealed to me at the time. While the 450 was good to me, i never felt the same thrill riding that I remembered as a kid. I chalked that emotion up to being a wise jaded adult. Then i decided to buy a KTM150SX as a play bike after reading all the great write-ups on it...and after just one ride the thrill was back and I became the kid I remembered again. After several more weeks of riding both bikes, mostly the 150, I felt no desire to ride the 450 anymore. My lap times on tight tracks were just as fast on the 150 as well, and I was having so much more fun. I felt like I could ride the "snot" out of the 150 compared to the feeling of barley hanging to a "big fat rabid cow" of the 450. My last concern was could i race and most importantly get good starts on a 150...and that became the one sticking point that made me consider keeping the 450 and use it for my more competitive races. Then lightning struck, "why dont I get a 250sx?" It would clearly have more power and was almost the same weight and I could probably get good enough starts to race effectively. So after reading all the great rider reviews on the 250, i located one (after an exhausting search) and it was mine. So after riding the 250, my decision to go all 2-stroke was a great one. I am 100% sure that I no longer want a Thumper anymore. I couldn't be happier and feel like I'm a teenager again, at least on the weekends!

Thanks for asking, that was actually fun to post about. I'm sure that didnt help my cause of selling the Yoshi to you, but thats OK with me :-)