poor fuel mileage

im not getting the stated 65 mpg out of my bike. im only getting about 85-90 miles from a 2.5 gallon tank. is there something im missing???

Thats about par for the course. Maybe you need a Honda PCX scooter instead..

So, you fill up the tank, reset the tripmeter, ride 90 miles, and have to put 2.5 gallons in your tank?

Is the choke on? Is there something blocking the air intake? Is the engine, airbox, and carb stock? Did you or the previous owner do any modifications to the engine, airbox, or carb?

i'm getting about 45-50 miles to the gallon

with 3x3 jd jetting and mrd

your not riding hard enough! i get 65 miles of of my sm tank if i am lucky

All depends how fast you are riding it, if your going full throttle everywhere its gonna be thirsty.

im not getting the stated 65 mpg out of my bike. im only getting about 85-90 miles from a 2.5 gallon tank. is there something im missing???

What they said^^^^^^ +

The stated fuel economy figures are usually metered in fairy land conditions , and sometimes with a rider on board.....:cheers:

New bike ...tight engine .....give it some miles to loosen up and may improve a little.....got correct air in the tyres?

Its all in the wrist action...

your not riding hard enough! i get 65 miles of of my sm tank if i am lucky

exactly what i get...still cheap fun :cheers:

Reserve comes on at 90 yes ? That's only about 1.8 gallons.

That's 57 mpg.

That's 57 mpg.

So you are saying approximately 1/3 of the tank's capacity is reserve?

i get approx 4-5ltr/100km . i travel approx 180km and then have to switch to reserve! Compared to my stupid car which does around 14-16ltr/100km bike is always for the win!:cheers:

oh also bike has full yoshi, 3x3, k&n, rejet!

i get approx 4-5ltr/100km . i travel approx 180km and then have to switch to reserve! Compared to my stupid car which does around 14-16ltr/100km bike is always for the win!:cheers:

oh also bike has full yoshi, 3x3, k&n, rejet!

for all the guys in the states, this equals approx 52 mpg. I used 4.5 l per 100km.

That's 57 mpg.

couldn't be. I haven't owned my bike very long, but I didn't touch my fuel selector and had to put 2.5 gallons in it on my first fillup. thats "on" not reserve.

on my way back to school yesterday my fuel light came on in my pickup. swiped my card at the gas station and it stopped at $75, but the tank wasn't full. I had to reswipe and put another $10 in :ride:

couldn't be. I haven't owned my bike very long, but I didn't touch my fuel selector and had to put 2.5 gallons in it on my first fillup. thats "on" not reserve.

Wow, you were pretty close to walking. The stock tank holds 2.6 gallons and .6 of that is reserve. Are you sure you are reading the lever on the petcock correctly?

I feel like an idiot. I just told someone they were wrong about fuel tank size, specifically that I was on rather than reserve, and approx 45 minutes later I ran out of fuel on the way to school and I was already on reserve. Had to push it to a gas station and was late to school lol

You're much less of an idiot because you admitted your mistake.

Dave

funny stuff thanks for admitting it to us...your not going to school for bike mechanics are you LOL

I hit reserve at about 90-100 miles

I have the stock CA 2.5 gallon tank, 2 gallons with .5 reserve. my bike goes on reserve at about 80 to 90 miles, I can go another 20 to 25 miles on reserve. You may be able to get 65 mpg on a stock DRZ, if you ride like my grandmother.

So you are saying approximately 1/3 of the tank's capacity is reserve?

California tanks are 2.5 gallons total with including the 0.6 gallon reserve , so that leaves 1.9 gallons on the main tank.

running stock gearing (15/44) I drove about 76 miles round trip today on the freeway and got 40.22 mpg. that was keeping a steady speed of 60 mph (the darned freeway was 70/60trucks so I was stuck back with the semis lol)

it was also really cold lol. not quite riding season in washington yet.