What Harescrambles are in the Southeast?

Hey guys, my dad and I are looking to start racing. Couldn't really find much info on Google on any harescrambles so I thought I might ask you guys. Also, are there any two man harescrambles out there? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

SORCS Classes:

BIKES

AA 30+ A,B,C

251cc and up A,B,C 40+ A,B,C

250 A,B,C 45+ A,B,C

200/250F A,B,C 50+ A,B,C

4 Stroke A,B,C 55+

200/250F Beginner Open Beginner

Womens Jr. Trail (12-15 Yrs)

75-150cc 4 Stroke

Jr. Trail (12-15 Yrs)

80-112cc 2 Stroke

MINI CLASSES

Super Mini

[12-15 Yrs] 80-112cc 2 Stroke 75-150cc 4 Stroke

85cc

[12-15 Yrs] 85cc 2 Stroke 125cc 4 Stroke

85cc

[10-11 Yrs] 85cc 2 Stroke 125cc 4 Stroke

65cc

[10-11 Yrs] 65cc 2 Stroke 90cc 4 Stroke

65cc

[7-9 Yrs] 65cc 2 Stroke 90cc 4 Stroke

Jr. Womens

[7-15 Yrs] 65-112cc 2 Stroke and up to 150cc 4 Stroke

QUADS

Quad Pro 30+

Quad A 40+

Quad B 50+

Quad C Quad Utility

Quad Beginner Unl. Utility

Quad Womens

MAX!!!

No membership for SORCS, just have to have a transponder, you can rent or buy.

Not sure about Jr classes.

All they charge is a $10 gate fee, $35 race fee and I think $35 for the transponder which you return for a full refund or you can keep it.

MAX!!!

• 1 month later...

I'm looking to get back into HS after about three years off from racing. Not looking to kill myself though.... at least not right off the bat!!

How do the series compare as far as ease of courses? I'm not looking for ridiculous hill climbs and rock gardens...not for my first year back anyway....

Thanks!

I'm looking to get back into HS after about three years off from racing. Not looking to kill myself though.... at least not right off the bat!!

How do the series compare as far as ease of courses? I'm not looking for ridiculous hill climbs and rock gardens...not for my first year back anyway....

Thanks!

go with SORCS

• Like 1

We race them all but we are members of setra. sorcs is more open than setra though. Mid east and north carolina are fun to. There is alot to choose from in the south east and you will see setra members at mideast races and mid east guys at setra races or sorcs. The only things i didnt like about sorcs is the time of the jrs setra runs them an hour and a half. Bates the pres is a great guy and hell let the kids run. My son has come to the finish one minute before cut off and bates says let him go great people. Stay away from the gncc until you are ready to go for it though. tough

As for cost there all about the same no matter what anyone says. Do the ones that come close to you then decide what you like. North carolina series is great to but some of the races are just to far from me.

• Like 1