ap mod revisited???

the old ap mod link in the faqs page isnt working anymore is there a current one i can use to walk me threw this mod?found the jetting calculator on ricks page but didnt see the ap mod...did i miss it there? thanks for your time fellas i would like to do this tomarrow as i have the bike torn apart now and a ride planned for wednesday thanks again

Just wrap the ap arms in o ring or safety wire. Look in the 450r forum because that's were it came from

It worked for me just now....but yeah...all it is is an o-ring around the arm on the accelerator pump. Key is, get the right sized o-ring. I got mine at a hardware store for pennies.

yeah i got the site to work and got the mod done thanks

if your going to do the ap mod... do it right, wire it up with saftey wire and make sure it doesnt bind. With o rings your wasting your time, they stretch (so as not to provide as good of a result as wiring up) and they eventually break.

heres the 450R tutorial... crf250x is the same, but you probably wont have to grind down the rivet on the 250.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CDMQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.squadpage.com%2Fpandora%2FProfessor%2520RedBeard450%2520How-To%2520AP%2520Mod.pdf&rct=j&q=red%20beard%20ap%20mod&ei=o6WcTYi9D6Xb0QGe4LmHDg&usg=AFQjCNFjz_SYCYe0GyJsTB2vB7kLQ3OI9A&cad=rja

ok thanx...have it modded with double Orings and works smooth but carbs out for a cleaning and i have to take the jets to the honda dealer to get new ones....guess i ll just wire it up in steead of the Orings

I've heard don't grind the rivet, but nd4speed knows more about this than me. I thought that was a 450 thing back when they were exploring everything in the thread? Or for whatever reason, it wasn't being done on 250s in the last few years anyway.

I'd search for threads on it cuz I remember something about it for sure.

Also, since you've already got it done I'd just stick with the o-rings for now until you finally determine how you want things. Someone on here didn't like the AP mod at all.

Your decision though.

I've heard don't grind the rivet, but nd4speed knows more about this than me. I thought that was a 450 thing back when they were exploring everything in the thread? Or for whatever reason, it wasn't being done on 250s in the last few years anyway.

I'd search for threads on it cuz I remember something about it for sure.

Also, since you've already got it done I'd just stick with the o-rings for now until you finally determine how you want things. Someone on here didn't like the AP mod at all.

Your decision though.

more than likely you wont need to grind the rivet on the ap diaphragm as the stock 250x's is shorter than the 450R's .... what you dont want is there to be a gap between the ap screw and plastic linkage at WOT then wire it up as it will make everything bind.... theres two ways you can fix that problem... 1. turn the set screw in to make up the gap, or 2. grind down the rivet the appropriate amount.

2. being the more proper as with 1. you will get a gap between the ap pushrod and the diaphragm at full closed throttle... so when you wack it there will be a small lag till the pushrod actually makes contact.

but that being said, i did not have to do any grinding on my 04 250x's carb as it had plenty of throw in the ap diaphragm to be wired up.

if you take the carb all apart at least take the ap cover off (make sure you note direction of the D ring) and the cover for the throttle cables, you will quickly understand what im talking about.

Personally i have gone so far as to completly take the carb apart.... im talking taking the center body section off the top section, which your not spost to do at all! as you cant buy the very VERY intricate gasket thats in there.... i took it apart and aimed the AP nozzle to aim literally directly down the throat of the right intake port, as stock it was aimed too far right. literally now i can be idiling in first rolling in gear (which is quite hard to do due to the lumpyness of the 06 250R cam i have in) wack the throttle as quick as possible and the whole bike take off like a rocket, zero bog.

man you guys rock thanks for the info...im not going that far into the carb as nd4spd did but i do plan on a pretty good cleaning while its off as some times wen letting off the gas it doesnt always come back to perfect idle right away,it doesnt stay very high but doesnt return to were it should be,this doesnt always happen tho