What bikes will survive the solar flares?

Hi guys/gals so anyway a while ago I remember reading an article in one of the moto magazines that only a certain type of old bike will survive a solar flair or something like that. I could be wrong that it is called a solar flair but supposedly if this comes towards us it will destroy all electronics and make all modern machines useless. Anyway now that i think about it I think it was in the dirt rider used bike buying guide and it was the Honda CT90 I believe. They said something that the early models would survive because there was something different about them and mentioned "setting the points". Does anyone know what I am talking about and if so what qualities must a bike have to still operate if something like that was to happen. Obviously we would have different and bigger problems but I figured it would be an interesting topic.

Thanks.

Pretty sure bikes with points will survive an electro magentic pulse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geomagnetic_storm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_pulse

But if you turn your garage into a Faraday Cage you will be able to protect your bikes the same way the tin foil hat crowd protect their brains...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage

how the F am I gonna survive in a post-apocalyptic wasteland if I am shotgunning CHUDs on a freaking Trail90? That won't outrun even the slowest zombies.

LMFAO!!!!!!! DUDE YOU JUST MADE MY DAY!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS SO FRICKING MUCH!:cheers::worthy::ride:?:lol::bonk:?

Sweet, my bike is stored at my parents house in an all metal building that is basically a giant Faraday cage. So not only does it prevent theft, clear up space in my car port, and let me use my old mans tools... its safe from the sun :cheers:

Failing that, I have a RD350 (points street bike, two stroke) and a fourwheeler with a very souped up RD350 engine .

What most people dont see is you can have a cdi box As Long its not connected to a batteries. when the so called even happens .. for it to blow the brain its got to have a constance power supply , How many bikes have a constance supply of power ? then ask yourself how many of those dont have a battery. zipo none hope this helps alittle

That was what i was going to say. Doesnt emi only affect electricaly sources that have electicity flowing through the components. Which if is the case there will be no rioting for any 90s and we can out run the zombies.

So basically assuming people remained civilized us dirt bike enthusiasts would no longer be outcasts and we would be the envy of the neighborhood with our bikes and would probably have to install shotgun holders to the handlebar, lol.

So basically assuming people remained civilized us dirt bike enthusiasts would no longer be outcasts and we would be the envy of the neighborhood with our bikes and would probably have to install shotgun holders to the handlebar, lol.

Until you need a part for japan

• Like 1

A solar flare will destroy all solid state electonics any thing sensative to static electrictiy like computers. Anything with a points style ingnition or an older diesel motor will be fine. So most pre 1970's engines will be fine. It does not ruin all electronics only the sensitive little capacitors and what not, so electric motors will work fine, so an electric fuel pump will still work but any computer controlls won't. I didn't read the whole tread so if any one has already said this, oops.

Sweet, my bike is stored at my parents house in an all metal building that is basically a giant Faraday cage. So not only does it prevent theft, clear up space in my car port, and let me use my old mans tools... its safe from the sun :ride:

Failing that, I have a RD350 (points street bike, two stroke) and a fourwheeler with a very souped up RD350 engine .

I have an RD 400, so we can terrorize the post-apocalyptic world together! Problem is, the electronic gas pumps won't work either... :cheers: