Northern NJ Motorcycle Shops?

NewJersey

I'm looking to drop an XR400r off to a local shop for some tune up work. The XR won't start -- I've rejetted, checked valve clearances. The overflow from the carb leaks like crazy, even after replacing the float valve and checking float height.

I'm super busy with work and don't have much time to tinker and I want to RIDE!! So, I'm looking to take it to a local shop, but don't have any experience with anybody.

I'm located in NW Morris County, Can anyone make a suggestion?

Backyard Cycle in Warwick, ask for Kathy, good people!

Hanover Powersports, Rt10 in East Hanover. Closest guy to you. Real friendly and they do good work.

Hanover Powersports, Rt10 in East Hanover. Closest guy to you. Real friendly and they do good work.

+1 On hanover. You could look at Pompton Honda in Pompton Plains. They just merged with the yamaha shop I've been dealing with for years and love them.

Oooo yea Pompton rocks too!!!

Thanks for the replies everybody! I was looking for an independent shops, I'm familiar with both Hanover and Pompton. A few people I know haven't had the best of luck with Cycle Exchange.

I'm looking to drop an XR400r off to a local shop for some tune up work. The XR won't start -- I've rejetted, checked valve clearances. The overflow from the carb leaks like crazy, even after replacing the float valve and checking float height.

I'm super busy with work and don't have much time to tinker and I want to RIDE!! So, I'm looking to take it to a local shop, but don't have any experience with anybody.

Check out Cycle Pro Racing in Glen Gardiner NJ: http://cycleproracing.com/

John @ Cycle Pro does awesome work - He has rebuilt suspension for me as well as a motor. I have never had a problem and he takes time to make sure you understand the problem etc... Beware of the guy in Warwick - I knew someone who blew a motor he rebuilt on the 2nd heat cycle.

Oh - and forgot - when you get it fixed - hit me up and lets go riding. :cheers: