My new (to me) 06 YZ 144..

First, I just gotta say :ride:

Then I gotta say :cheers:

I forgot how much damn fun a 125 two stroke is.. Er, a 144 that is.. By far the fastest 125 Ive been on, but Ive never been on a big bored 125.. :bonk:

Ill try to get ya some pics up soon.. :bonk: This thing has a ton a money dumped in it.. PC exhaust, RG3 triple clamps, Pro Tapers, Athena 144 with port work, buncha bling parts, Renthal Gold chain, billet fork guides and a few other goods.. ? Im so stoked..

1800 bucks. ?

Just a bs story until we see pics:banana:

Juss messin around man, sounds like a sick bike. Worst mistake I ever made was getting rid of my Yz144. Most fun bike Ive ever ridden to this day.

and it absolutely ripped!

Congrats on the new toy, and I cant wait to see some pics.:cheers:

Hey bikedude....I'll give you 1150.00 CASH,right now for it!!! (Don't you love how someone will offer you,"Cash",when they are trying to lowball you!As if you were gonna take seashells or goats in payment if they would pay the full asking price!)Sounds like a great score....I'm still wringing my hands about whether to get the 144 kit for my 03 125 or get a yz250.If I weighed 50 pounds less,I would definitely get the 144 kit,but.......I don't weigh 50 pounds less!But I love my 125,but I want more power,but I love the light weight,but I'm wringing the crud out of it ALL the time,but I've put $400.00 into SSS 07 forks for it,but a 250 will cost a CHUNK of cash,and I may not like it,but I want both,but I can't afford both,wring,wring,wring,wring.......

Flap wick, the 250 is truly a more versatile machine that can, and will, do almost anything you ask of it.. The 125, for me, is a more purpose built machine for track riding.. Id say get the 250, AND keep the 125.. I FINALLY have BOTH machines and couldnt be happier :cheers:

• Like 1

Flap wick, the 250 is truly a more versatile machine that can, and will, do almost anything you ask of it.. The 125, for me, is a more purpose built machine for track riding.. Id say get the 250, AND keep the 125.. I FINALLY have BOTH machines and couldnt be happier :cheers:

I race track last sunday on mine and had an absolute blast. One raced I lined up to I was the only 2T on the start line.

The highlight of the race for me was passing a YZF 250 down the straight at full throttle:p

These 144s are the greatest

All I do is motocross track riding.Mostly at two different tracks.One of the tracks is awesome for a 125,but the other is a natural terrain,hilly,100 foot step-up,kinda gnarly national caliber MX track.There's just a coupla spots where I wish I had a few more ponies(like the step-up!).So,it's either about a thousand dollars(I figure I'll put a fresh crank in there) to completely do the 144 kit,or put that money towards an older yz250.I guess if that's the biggest dilemma I have in my life,I'm probably doing okay!