Sign in to follow this  

Got the w for the 200xc-w

Had a race yesterday and ended up with the w after leading for every lap (9laps total). It was dusty and rough because they split the race into 2 different races. The first race was the kids/older/less experienced guys while the 2nd was everyone else. My bike was running like a champ after adjusting the powervalve, adjusting the pilot and air screw after the warm weather and the new top-end. The practice lap went pretty well, but I wasn't having much fun and thought it was going to be pretty rough.

I got a great starting positon on the inside and had a straight shot with no bumps to the first corner, but didn't get the best start. I got a good jump, but I had too much wheel spin and since I have the smallest bike in the class a few people got a much better start. I think i was 7th after the first few corners, but had a great line that everyone must have come in to hot for and ended up passing everyone but first place. After that it was history. I made very few mistakes and never went down. It was a good day.

205428_1416908581385_1192710103_31482320_4867960_n.jpg

196841_1416910101423_1192710103_31482328_1158245_n.jpg

Here's a vid of the first lap :cheers:

http://www.youtube.com/user/swedishfishmx?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/gWcenQRGOgk

• Like 1

GREAT JOB!! (I can't see the vid at work but will check it out tonight)......This is some exciting stuff!

D7K_5716.jpg

Bitchin vid, swedishfishmx! You're one fast dude!

Edited by cubera
add pic

Excellent! I can't say the same for yesterday. lol great conditions, rough track and my bike was buckin like a horse ready to go back to the barn. I chalk it up to my out of shape arse. I just need a newer bike and more time to ride. :cheers:

Congrats on the W, good to see someone fast makin' it work.

Thanks, The 200 worked great in that course. it was flowing and fast and the 200 does well at that stuff. I'm in need of a shock service baddddd. I need to re-do the suspension again.

Looking good! I also got a W on my 08 200xcw for the first time on Sunday as well:ride:

Way to go sweed, ive yet to get a W in A yet &%#%

Oh it took me about 5 years to get a win. My last win and championship came back in the C class. It will happen sooner or later, just gotta get the right breaks.

Yea and $$$s,lol Though ive never been out of the top 6 sence moveing (being moved) up. dont think i can afford any more Campionships though, have to make all the races. Keep um comming maby you can end up with one of thoughs $40K PLAQUES,LOL

Wow s-fish! You killed it dude! Nice riding! I'd like to be half that fast someday!:cheers:

That course looked pretty fun as well...it looked rough but fun none-the-less.:p

You really made that 200 sing. At your pace I can see where you'd need to rebuild the suspenders! They took a beating for sure.

I'm looking forward to more race vids from you now!:ride:

-Jay

Here's a full race report-

I got to the line later than 95% of my class, but everyone seemed to want to line up in the middle of the start and not on the outside away from nearly every roller. I was al alone when I lined up which made it very easy to pick the exact spot I wanted and not worry about anyone else.

I got a pretty good jump, but must have got some wheel spin or wasn't on the gas hard enough because I got shuffled back pretty quick going into the first corner. I think everyone made it out safe, which is hard to believe because there was some carnage in some of the other classes and I figured it would have transfered over, but it did not. I think I was running 6th or 7th and at the first split after the little downhill everyone went straight instead of left. I saw my opening and took it, and got right up behind 2nd place. Dang another nice line to help out with my first lap.

I was running 2nd right behind Jason Lajoie and he was riding good, but in one of the first open sections after the first left handed sand berm he looked back and slowed up allowing me to get around him. At that point I put my head down and charged as hard as I could to get a gap on 2nd and the rest of the A class. That was not going to happen, Tanner Slover was right on me making me ride my best for the first lap. A few of us found some sweet lines at the end of the loop, cutting inside of one tree missing a ton of breaking bumps, then jumping down onto the beach, which was probably worth a good 5-7 seconds. I think those lines helped me lead the first lap, and up until this point I had not led a lap in probably 5 years, so it was awesome seeing the leader scroll through when I went by. Something happened to Tanner at the beginning of the 2nd lap because I didn't hear anyone behind me at all.

I kind of relaxed the 2nd lap, until I caught up with some of the AA riders. I made some good passes on some of those guys then had one guy on a kawi slow me up a little bit. I don't think he could hear me over his overpriced gas boiler machine. Anyway I finally made the pass when he got squirrelly in a left hander after one of the big uphills. I made my way past him on the inside and proceeded to catch the next cloud of dust. I wasn't making any mistakes the middle part of the race, minus clipping a tree after trying to double down one of the hills (Honestly if I had those wrap-a-round handguards that are solid and don't move, then I would have been head over heels falling 30feet down the hill, so thank you Cycra).

Each and every lap I was leading I was gaining more confidence, but the heat was starting to get to me. I was sucking down water like crazy and to top it off my hose was too short and I had to disconnect it from the shoulder strap so I could still move my head. Every time I went for a drink I had to take both hands of the handlebars and search around for it because I couldn't find it, so that wasn't too good, new hose on order. My only relaxation from the heat was riding on the South end of the property next to the beach because the wind coming off the water was easily 10-15 degrees cooler than in the middle of the course. I kept it conservative the last few laps and rode well within my limits to keep my lead and keep the win.

It feels good to finally get a win after trying for many years. I want to thank everyone who made this race possible because I know how tough it is. Also I think the course flowed really well. I didn't think there was very many passing spots, but after hearing my brother go from dead last up to 2nd in just a few laps, then I know there was some good spots out there.

That's for sure Jay!! Can't wait for the next one. I'll report back. I gotta get some parts after this one...the rear brake could use an upgrade with the disc and fluids.

Congrats man! Sweet vid. Im going to supercross this weekend and then the next will be my first race on the new 200. I cant wait.

Had a race yesterday and ended up with the w after leading for every lap (9laps total). It was dusty and rough because they split the race into 2 different races. The first race was the kids/older/less experienced guys while the 2nd was everyone else. My bike was running like a champ after adjusting the powervalve, adjusting the pilot and air screw after the warm weather and the new top-end. The practice lap went pretty well, but I wasn't having much fun and thought it was going to be pretty rough.

I got a great starting positon on the inside and had a straight shot with no bumps to the first corner, but didn't get the best start. I got a good jump, but I had too much wheel spin and since I have the smallest bike in the class a few people got a much better start. I think i was 7th after the first few corners, but had a great line that everyone must have come in to hot for and ended up passing everyone but first place. After that it was history. I made very few mistakes and never went down. It was a good day.

205428_1416908581385_1192710103_31482320_4867960_n.jpg

196841_1416910101423_1192710103_31482328_1158245_n.jpg

Here's a vid of the first lap :cheers:

http://www.youtube.com/user/swedishfishmx?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/gWcenQRGOgk

nice you carry good speed 200s just rock dont they ?good riding thats for sure:thumbsup:

Thank you yeah the 200's are so awesome. I wish they would bring back the 200xc's though.

Here are a few pics

206712_575646105555_212402319_32653128_3367834_n.jpg

217402_575646090585_212402319_32653127_3539726_n.jpg

Thanks, The 200 worked great in that course. it was flowing and fast and the 200 does well at that stuff. I'm in need of a shock service baddddd. I need to re-do the suspension again.

Swedishfishmx, was that the Missouri HS near Bixby? I didn't go, I was riding grass-track stuff at hwy47mx, preparing for Mammoth East . . . which is postphoned again.!!!!

Congrats on your excellent ride! good to hear the 200 is working good for you, even with a worn shock.